The Heskey Thread Watch

Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by _Mazza_)
Really? Am I the only one who thinks Owen is overrated.

I'd have thought Agbonlahor would've got a call up for the qualifiers with his recent performances.
Nah Owen isn't overrated. He's lost a lot of pace for sure but when he was at his prime he was deadly. Him and David Thompson (whatever happened to him) were class acts for Liverpool. :yep:
_Mazza_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FCUtdWill)
I like Heskey, he's a good player.

About Owen, I don't think he's overrated, he's not at his best following his injury and will only improve thus him going back into the England squad.

I am surprised too at Agbonlahor didn't get a mention after his opening-day hat-trick but isn't he in the under-21's?
Yeah but usually players from the under 21 squad who are good enough move up to the senior team or player for both, for example Rooney.

Don't get me wrong I think Owen is a good goal scorer, but he doesn't have the pace he used to have and people still seem to think he's miles in front of the other England strikers apart from Rooney.

Tbh, I think most of the England team are overrated though
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since when was Rooney a striker?
FCUtdWill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah but usually players from the under 21 squad who are good enough move up to the senior team or player for both, for example Rooney.

Don't get me wrong I think Owen is a good goal scorer, but he doesn't have the pace he used to have and people still seem to think he's miles in front of the other England strikers apart from Rooney.

Tbh, I think most of the England team are overrated though
I've never been a fan of Rooney myself, would have easily picked Owen ahead of him. That's the player who I think is overrated.

England are playing Kazakhstan and Belarus next (after tonight) so might be an opportunity for Agbonlahor to play for England if he does well until then. He looked impressive for his hat-trick, but he hasn't been at his best since then.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by _MaLc_)
Since he started his professional career.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd be interested to hear what makes you think he isn't.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never been a fan of Rooney myself, would have easily picked Owen ahead of him. That's the player who I think is overrated.

England are playing Kazakhstan and Belarus next (after tonight) so might be an opportunity for Agbonlahor to play for England if he does well until then. He looked impressive for his hat-trick, but he hasn't been at his best since then.
Yeah Rooney hasn't really performed for England lately. Although the same can be said for most of the squad, they play great for their clubs but not for their country.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah Rooney hasn't really performed for England lately. Although the same can be said for most of the squad, they play great for their clubs but not for their country.
He started well at Man Utd (not a fan) with that hat-trick against Fenerbahce in the Champions League and I haven't seen a performance like that since he's being there (club performances only, I know he did well in the Euros).

Don't like the guy myself.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He started well at Man Utd (not a fan) with that hat-trick against Fenerbahce in the Champions League and I haven't seen a performance like that since he's being there (club performances only, I know he did well in the Euros).

Don't like the guy myself.
I remember watching him in Euro 2004 and he played brilliantly, tearing past the defence and setting up goals. He seemed like in a few years he would be unstoppable, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember watching him in Euro 2004 and he played brilliantly, tearing past the defence and setting up goals. He seemed like in a few years he would be unstoppable, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
He did play well until he got injured and we got eliminated (England's favourite word when it comes to international tournaments). I liked him at the time when he was good and now he just doesn't seem to score or do anything whatsoever.

I would like to see him be better in future, I might start liking him again but until then, I will continue to dislike him.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He did play well until he got injured and we got eliminated (England's favourite word when it comes to international tournaments). I liked him at the time when he was good and now he just doesn't seem to score or do anything whatsoever.

I would like to see him be better in future, I might start liking him again but until then, I will continue to dislike him.
I don't dislike him, I just don't think he's lived up to expectations lol.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't dislike him, I just don't think he's lived up to expectations lol.
Heskey is better than Rooney imo

(back on topic )
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
I'd be interested to hear what makes you think he isn't.
A Foward? Definately.
A Striker? Not s'much.

Hell, I reckon he'd make an excellent Attacking Midfielder as well. Comparing him with Michael Owen, either way, is something you most certainly don't do. Hence my question of: "Since when has he been a Striker?", since he's ****E at one on ones, doesn't take half his chances and would much rather pass the ball than take a shot.

EDIT: I'm a big fan of Rooney. But I'd rather see Voronin at the top of a 4-2-3-1.
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heskey and Crouch = Best combo
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by v1oXx-)
Heskey and Crouch = Best combo
:yep:

Hope Capello makes it clear to Crouch though: 'You're paid to be on that pitch! so start using your ****ing legs! They can run, you lanky****!'.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
I can't understand why you think that. Is Owen rated more than 40 goals in 89 games?
Well Crouch has scored 14 in 28 games since 2005, but people don't rave on about him. :p:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well Crouch has scored 14 in 28 games since 2005, but people don't rave on about him. :p:
That's because people are dumb. They prefer to scream about Wine Woony, with his goal in 2 years.
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
That's because people are dumb. They prefer to scream about Wine Woony, with his goal in 2 years.
Yep. Crouch > Rooney for England.
_Mazza_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A Foward? Definately.
A Striker? Not s'much.

Hell, I reckon he'd make an excellent Attacking Midfielder as well. Comparing him with Michael Owen, either way, is something you most certainly don't do. Hence my question of: "Since when has he been a Striker?", since he's ****E at one on ones, doesn't take half his chances and would much rather pass the ball than take a shot.

EDIT: I'm a big fan of Rooney. But I'd rather see Voronin at the top of a 4-2-3-1.
To be fair to Rooney before his injury he was excellent, and would take on an entire defence by his self at times. I think since moving to Manchester United Ferguson has tried to calm him down as well and make him more of a team player.
Hedger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair to Rooney before his injury he was excellent, and would take on an entire defence by his self at times. I think since moving to Manchester United Ferguson has tried to calm him down as well and make him more of a team player.
Ya' think? Even Rick Parry could have noticed that. He's an awful striker, end of. I reckon he should be given a shot in Midfield though :yep: In an attacking midfielder role, considering he's physically strong, fast and has vision better than most, I reckon he'd be pretty lethal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
14.78%
The paper was reasonable (782)
55.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (309)
22.06%
It was TERRIBLE (103)
7.35%

Watched Threads