ReputationRep:
    why do i get neg repped for using txt language on :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyshort4u)
    because it shows you up as a loser, its highly irrritating to read :hmpf:

stop using it! :secruity:

ReputationRep:
    how does txt languge show you are a loser?? explain...

and also i think its just a fast way of sending quick messages across - obviously in a full blown essay type answer you wouldn't use it but to quickly say something i think its pretty handy! doesnt make u a loser?!

hmmm..

ReputationRep:
    lol

Ive noticed people on this forum are very nitpicky about things like correct grammer and stuff.

I get scared if i make a spelling mistake or something

BTW Ladyshort4u how come your location says London/India?
    On holiday?

ReputationRep:
    how does txt languge show you are a loser?? explain...

and also i think its just a fast way of sending quick messages across - obviously in a full blown essay type answer you wouldn't use it but to quickly say something i think its pretty handy! doesnt make u a loser?!

hmmm..
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly if states in the FAQ that it is prefered that "txt spk" is not used on the forums.
    It is irritating to try to read. You don't have a limited space to say what you want and so there isn't a compression issue. It's not even that much faster to use as it only misses out a few letters. When you come to typing an essay/report you will find yourself typing in text form and having to go back and correct everything. It is a lot faster to just type normally from the outstart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    If I remember correctly if states in the FAQ that it is prefered that "txt spk" is not used on the forums.
    It is irritating to try to read. You don't have a limited space to say what you want and so there isn't a compression issue. It's not even that much faster to use as it only misses out a few letters. When you come to typing an essay/report you will find yourself typing in text form and having to go back and correct everything. It is a lot faster to just type normally from the outstart.
    OMFG J00 r TeH SuCK0rz!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Text speech is actually harder to read than english. It just looks very lazy, there really isn't any need to use it, unlike text messages forum replies do not have 128 byte limit or whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, can no1 take a joke?

ReputationRep:
    because there isnt a 180 character limit to what you type :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    lol

Ive noticed people on this forum are very nitpicky about things like correct grammer and stuff.

It's grammAr :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    I can, but I didn't get it

ReputationRep:
    but really it's no biggie....if you find it hard2read then get wiv the times ppl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    but really it's no biggie....if you find it hard2read then get wiv the times ppl!
    Some people like wiwarin mir and blissy are annoyed by it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    lol

yup, you can say that again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    lol

BTW Ladyshort4u how come your location says London/India?
    On holiday?
    I would give you a full blown neg rep for that spelling mistake (grammar) but I'm afraid I've given out too much negative rep in the past 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Some people like wiwarin mir and blissy are annoyed by it
    i know - their problem really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Do I look like a ****ing people person?

ReputationRep:
    a whole essay written in txt can be irratating but one or two words don't make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    i use "u" but thats usually about the height of it.

txt speak is harder to read, but i read somewhere as long as the first and last letters are right, the rest can be jumbled and its still as easy to read.

either way, people are far too picky. neg repping over a few misspelt words of a bit of shorthand. get over it people if its way over the top, then fine.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.