success4life
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a burning question...
Something really bad happened 5 months ago and is still on going up to this point now. The teacher doesn’t know anything about this. I tried to make my teacher aware but she took it upon herself to tell my parents by asking what a serious “police implication” were about. My parents don’t know as I don’t live or have contact them and I’ve tried to change them from being a contact on the system many times by the school won’t do this!
I’m worried because my teacher doesn’t like me anymore as my dad didn’t know anything and told her I obviously exaggerated just because he isn’t aware. This made me look bad all because they broke my confidentially whenever I instructed them not to speak with them.

Would you suggest me speaking with this teacher-I wouldn’t know where to start as I feel she doesn’t like me as from her perspective I made it up when it’s just something both parties are not knowing about. This would have severely affect my mock results, which is why I am so adamant to do well.
We did these as we did those earlier in the year. Is it worth justifying why my learning has been disrupted.
I’ve heard that teacher can make references and write about exceptional circumstances (which they don’t know about for me) what would you suggest.
zeynepaydin1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by success4life)
I have a burning question...
Something really bad happened 5 months ago and is still on going up to this point now. The teacher doesn’t know anything about this. I tried to make my teacher aware but she took it upon herself to tell my parents by asking what a serious “police implication” were about. My parents don’t know as I don’t live or have contact them and I’ve tried to change them from being a contact on the system many times by the school won’t do this!
I’m worried because my teacher doesn’t like me anymore as my dad didn’t know anything and told her I obviously exaggerated just because he isn’t aware. This made me look bad all because they broke my confidentially whenever I instructed them not to speak with them.

Would you suggest me speaking with this teacher-I wouldn’t know where to start as I feel she doesn’t like me as from her perspective I made it up when it’s just something both parties are not knowing about. This would have severely affect my mock results, which is why I am so adamant to do well.
We did these as we did those earlier in the year. Is it worth justifying why my learning has been disrupted.
I’ve heard that teacher can make references and write about exceptional circumstances (which they don’t know about for me) what would you suggest.
Hi, the most likely reason the teacher told your parents is that it is serious or she thought your parents needed to know. additionally, teachers can never promise confidentiality, they will most likely report it to their SGL. But, this issue you have if it affects your learning and grade I recommended talking with your Head of Year and telling her/him this, this will also avoid any further issues you have with that teacher.

also, the school needs at least a relative/career contact details in case something happens or an emergency, so I think unless you have another contact details of another relative then they won't allow you to change it or if you are under 18.
success4life
Rep:
?
(Original post by zeynepaydin1999)
Hi, the most likely reason the teacher told your parents is that it is serious or she thought your parents needed to know. additionally, teachers can never promise confidentiality, they will most likely report it to their SGL. But, this issue you have if it affects your learning and grade I recommended talking with your Head of Year and telling her/him this, this will also avoid any further issues you have with that teacher.

also, the school needs at least a relative/career contact details in case something happens or an emergency, so I think unless you have another contact details of another relative then they won't allow you to change it or if you are under 18.
I’ve been trying to change it to my Nan (who I live with) for the past 4 years. I see your point. I want the teacher to know so she knows I’m not a liar but it’s one of those. I don’t know how to bring it up. Or what to physically say
zeynepaydin1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve been trying to change it to my Nan (who I live with) for the past 4 years. I see your point. I want the teacher to know so she knows I’m not a liar but it’s one of those. I don’t know how to bring it up. Or what to physically say
Teachers can be very understanding, I mean if you want to make things clear, try talking to her, and explain your situation but if you keep stuff from her and make it more confusing then that will create a problem. after you explain yourself and at the end of the day if she/he thinks it's serious she/he legally have to tell her/him SGL or your parents. Teachers are there to protect you as well, so you may not think its serious and don't want anyone to know but if she/he thinks this whats best for you then it should be.
success4life
Rep:
?
Teachers can be very understanding, I mean if you want to make things clear, try talking to her, and explain your situation but if you keep stuff from her and make it more confusing then that will create a problem. after you explain yourself and at the end of the day if she/he thinks it's serious she/he legally have to tell her/him SGL or your parents. Teachers are there to protect you as well, so you may not think its serious and don't want anyone to know but if she/he thinks this whats best for you then it should be.
No this is very serious. Police are involved and I cannot have my parents knowing. I doNt know what to do
zeynepaydin1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No this is very serious. Police are involved and I cannot have my parents knowing. I doNt know what to do
okay, firstly if it is something where the police are involved your parents should know honestly, in my opinion you should tell your parents because the police may have to someday contact the school or your parents about this issue and eventually yur parents are gonna find out.

I think its best for you to tell your parents about this situation! if you think they will react badly, like abuse you or something because we all don't have perfect parents!

Does your nan know about this?
success4life
Rep:
?
okay, firstly if it is something where the police are involved your parents should know honestly, in my opinion you should tell your parents because the police may have to someday contact the school or your parents about this issue and eventually yur parents are gonna find out.

I think its best for you to tell your parents about this situation! if you think they will react badly, like abuse you or something because we all don't have perfect parents!

Does your nan know about this?
No.
I won’t do that. I don’t live with them as they were abusive towards me and even now my dad is an alcoholic and it wasn’t safe for me to live there. So I cannot do that and nor would I want to.
I’ve spoken to the police and they have given me so long to make my mind up-they haven’t left me their personal number and I’ve heard nothing.
I used to get starved and hit with coat hangers as a child. My dad would say go to your nans it’s safer. Now he’s just as bad. I worked at Starbucks and my manager did something to me as I didn’t want to. He knew this. I had a positive test (I cannot say the word still)
I had to get all types of test and it came back negative thankfully, as he told me he’d been with over 40 men let alone the women! So I could have got a blood borne disease!!
Then i has to get a termination at 17 when it shouldn’t have been this way. He said it “I’m not the only one” as if it’s just all.
I had bad symptoms found out I had pre cancerous cells so had to get them removed by treatment (cautrize) then had an ultra sound today to find I had an ovarian cyst. I blame him for all of this.
This happened in May and it’s still going on. Because it’s unsafe to live and home I canthave that contact. I wanted to go into depth to fully explain why I cannot do this. My Nan know all of this and she has supported me. I wanted to cry when getting the ultra sound for the constant pain. They said “did you have an ultra sound before the the termination” and it broke me because I though I’m getting one after all of this and it really upset. So my mental health has been overwhelming but I’m doing so well!! So so well. It’s not like any of my teacher know about this. And it’s impacted me evidentially physically and mentally. I hope you are well though x
zeynepaydin1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
I won’t do that. I don’t live with them as they were abusive towards me and even now my dad is an alcoholic and it wasn’t safe for me to live there. So I cannot do that and nor would I want to.
I’ve spoken to the police and they have given me so long to make my mind up-they haven’t left me their personal number and I’ve heard nothing.
I used to get starved and hit with coat hangers as a child. My dad would say go to your nans it’s safer. Now he’s just as bad. I worked at Starbucks and my manager did something to me as I didn’t want to. He knew this. I had a positive test (I cannot say the word still)
I had to get all types of test and it came back negative thankfully, as he told me he’d been with over 40 men let alone the women! So I could have got a blood borne disease!!
Then i has to get a termination at 17 when it shouldn’t have been this way. He said it “I’m not the only one” as if it’s just all.
I had bad symptoms found out I had pre cancerous cells so had to get them removed by treatment (cautrize) then had an ultra sound today to find I had an ovarian cyst. I blame him for all of this.
This happened in May and it’s still going on. Because it’s unsafe to live and home I canthave that contact. I wanted to go into depth to fully explain why I cannot do this. My Nan know all of this and she has supported me. I wanted to cry when getting the ultra sound for the constant pain. They said “did you have an ultra sound before the the termination” and it broke me because I though I’m getting one after all of this and it really upset. So my mental health has been overwhelming but I’m doing so well!! So so well. It’s not like any of my teacher know about this. And it’s impacted me evidentially physically and mentally. I hope you are well though x
You are a strong woman!!! I am sorry if in any way I pressured you to share this information with me!
But what I read shows what an amazing woman you, and how much of a fighting spirit you have.
Even though I am a stranger, if you need anything or to talk to someone I am here!

Try contacting the police because they should have your name and a case number so if you just give them a call they should see what is happening at the moment.

I am assuming you are going to have official exams one day, if you don't feel comfortable talking to your teacher, then you don't need to. I understand you think your mock results can be affected because the teacher has not taken a liking to you but as far as I know your mocks will be marked by 2 teachers(the one teaching the subject and another teacher from the department), and if you take an official exam you can contact the exam boards and tell them your situation/circumstances, you don't need to tell them everything, as you said you mental and physical health issues all you will need to do is a get letter from your doctor explaining about your extenuating circumstances and that this has affected your assessments/exams.

if you want to let the school know about your extenuating circumstances then as I said before get a letter form your doctor and give the letter to your Head of Year or someone who at the school deals with these issues. Also, don't worry the doctor won't reveal any personal information about you they would have just written that you have an extenuating circumstance, etc, and signed by the doctor so it is an official document.

I hope this helps with your situation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.38%
I'm not sure (45)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (311)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed