Is studying medicine in Uzbek prestigious?

Watch
IU12345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I recently got an offer from AKFA uni, just want to know if I can use the medical degree here to practice medicine in the uk?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IU12345)
I recently got an offer from AKFA uni, just want to know if I can use the medical degree here to practice medicine in the uk?
Unless you actually wanted to work over there (in which case this makes sense), the usual advice is study where you want to work.

Is there a reason why you're going to Uzbekistan of all places? Prestige doesn't really matter for the UK - as long as the university that you study at, is recognised by the GMC (and you can take the UKMLA).

Also, TSR is a UK-based forum and the Medicine part of the forum is for UK medical admission queries.

I have moved your thread to the international study forum and hopefully you will get a better response here.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 weeks ago
IU12345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Unless you actually wanted to work over there (in which case this makes sense), the usual advice is study where you want to work.

Is there a reason why you're going to Uzbekistan of all places? Prestige doesn't really matter for the UK - as long as the university that you study at, is recognised by the GMC (and you can take the UKMLA).

Also, TSR is a UK-based forum and the Medicine part of the forum is for UK medical admission queries.

I have moved your thread to the international study forum and hopefully you will get a better response here.
But Is the uni recognized in the uk? I want to work in the uk but uk medical places are very competitive😢
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IU12345)
But Is the uni recognized in the uk?
I wouldn't know, that's for you to research yourself.

I want to work in the uk but uk medical places are very competitive😢
And are you not competitive yourself? What is your background?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.97%
I'm not sure (8)
2.78%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.72%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (130)
45.14%

Watched Threads