The Student Room Group

Best college for E and M Oxford

Hi I’m applying to Oxford this year and I need to decided what college to apply to. I would like a college that can accommodate me for all 3 years or the degree. I was considering brasenose college any opinions on it? An suggestions of other colleges aswell? Ideally I would like a social and friendly college. Also I was wondering Is it easier to get in in certain colleges than it is in others ? .
Original post by eoinoco
Hi I’m applying to Oxford this year and I need to decided what college to apply to. I would like a college that can accommodate me for all 3 years or the degree. I was considering brasenose college any opinions on it? An suggestions of other colleges aswell? Ideally I would like a social and friendly college. Also I was wondering Is it easier to get in in certain colleges than it is in others ? .

Have you used this tool?

https://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

It can provide some suggestions.

Personally, I’d suggest Trinity. All the best.
Original post by eoinoco

Hola eoinoco,

Thanks for your post! Brasenose offers college accommodation for all years of study. E&M is more competitive than the majority of subjects and students cannot be reallocated by subject, ie offered a place for a subject different to that applied for. Students can, however, be reallocated between colleges which can equalise the odds. This year, however, we would anticipate a much more even distribution of applicants among colleges because there have not been in person open days due to the pandemic.

Good luck with your application and let us know if you have any queries.

Brasenose Admissions
Reply 3
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Hola eoinoco,

Thanks for your post! Brasenose offers college accommodation for all years of study. E&M is more competitive than the majority of subjects and students cannot be reallocated by subject, ie offered a place for a subject different to that applied for. Students can, however, be reallocated between colleges which can equalise the odds. This year, however, we would anticipate a much more even distribution of applicants among colleges because there have not been in person open days due to the pandemic.

Good luck with your application and let us know if you have any queries.

Brasenose Admissions

Thanks for your response it was very helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending