Moana92
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to make a white pizza (it uses a white sauce instead of a tomato sauce but I'm not sure what the white sauce actually is). Would a jar of Dolmio white sauce or Dolmio cheese sauce work as a sauce for the pizza? Is it the same thing? I've had it in Pizza Hut and loved it so wanted to try and recreate it at home
Last edited by Moana92; 3 weeks ago
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moana92)
I want to make a white pizza (it uses a white sauce instead of a tomato sauce but I'm not sure what the white sauce actually is). Would a jar of Dolmio white sauce or Dolmio cheese sauce work as a sauce for the pizza? Is it the same thing? I've had it in Pizza Hut and loved it so wanted to try and recreate it at home
Yes it should work, I use cream cheese as my base when I’m not using tomato sauce, it’s not the standard ‘white sauce’ that is used on pizzas, but I find it works just as well
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I didn't even realise this was a thing :eek3: I have to try this now :yum:
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
It is worth trying - white sauce > tomato sauce IMO :yep:
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
White pizza with a sauce (as opposed to cheese like ricotta being the white element) while use béchamel, which white lasagna sauce essentially is.

Béchamel is also really easy to make. Melt butter in a saucepan, add an equal weight in flour and stir to combine, then cook over a low heat for a few minutes, stirring occassionally, until the smell of raw flour is gone. Then add a splash of milk, stir until fully combined, and repeat until a sauce of your desired consistency forms. Season with salt and pepper, and you have a basic bechemal. It's at this point you can add grated cheese if you wanted to make a cheese sauce.
Golderz Is Great
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
i hate pizza really and white pizza sounds worse
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg I definitely need to try this :eek3:
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Golderz Is Great)
Me too
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Golderz Is Great)
You... hate... what...?!?!? :eek3:
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
White pizza with a sauce (as opposed to cheese like ricotta being the white element) while use béchamel, which white lasagna sauce essentially is.

Béchamel is also really easy to make. Melt butter in a saucepan, add an equal weight in flour and stir to combine, then cook over a low heat for a few minutes, stirring occassionally, until the smell of raw flour is gone. Then add a splash of milk, stir until fully combined, and repeat until a sauce of your desired consistency forms. Season with salt and pepper, and you have a basic bechemal. It's at this point you can add grated cheese if you wanted to make a cheese sauce.
I'm not OP but I am soooo excited to make this. Thank you so much for the recipe :woo:
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moana92)
Google it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (44)
15.88%
I'm not sure (8)
2.89%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (98)
35.38%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (123)
44.4%

Watched Threads