username2984
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,

I took my UCAT yesterday and I'm fairly disappointed with my result, I completely mucked up the timing in the exam so I achieved:

UCAT:
VR: 580
DM: 600
QR: 620
AR: 700
Total: 2500 (625 average)
Band 1 Situational Judgement

My shortlist of universities prior to this was:

Dundee
Manchester
Newcastle
Barts
Cardiff

Apparently my score is below the cut off for Newcastle, so I have to cross that off my list and I'm pretty sure my UCAT is too low for Caridff and Barts so I'm really at a loss here, I dont't know what to do!

I've noticed that some med schools have a point based system so I'm in the process of calculating my points and looking at FOI inquests, because at least my UCAT would somewhat count that way, combined with my GCSEs. I have a preference for dentistry but I love human biology and honestly would be very happy to study medicine next year, since I don't really want to take another year out to take the UCAT again.

I've got 2 weeks of work experience in 2 separate dental practices from last year, but I'm aware that this year year they expect you to have done something over the summer, so I'm very open to doing an online work experience course before I apply.

And lastly I dont have any preferences as to where I go tbh!

I'd really appreciate anyones suggestions on where I can apply!
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Report 3 weeks ago
Mesopotamian.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Mesopotamian.
:ta:

OP do you want to apply to dentistry or medicine? Deciding which one would be good first step.
username2984
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
:ta:

OP do you want to apply to dentistry or medicine? Deciding which one would be good first step.
Dentistry is my preference, but I'd be just as happy to study medicine.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username2984)
Dentistry is my preference, but I'd be just as happy to study medicine.
ecolier any words of wisdom?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
ecolier any words of wisdom?
I think OP has already posted in the the "Which medical school should I apply to" megathread.

I would suggest that they pick one and stick to it, medicine is not the backup of dentistry and vice versa.
Last edited by ecolier; 3 weeks ago
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I think OP has already posted in the the "Which medical school should I apply to" megathread.

I wouls suggest that they pick one and stick to it, medicine is not the backup of dentistry and vice versa.
Interesting, I’m guessing there’s no need for dental advice then.
Agree with the rest.
.shikiwi.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m currently in the same situation as you (a bit worse actually)... I just my UCAT test and got a total score of 2280, Band 2... I’m really lost and don’t know what to do ;<< I got an average of 750 in my mocks but I flopped the actual exam.. I was thinking of applying to UEA and King’s but I need other Uni suggestions since my score is really limiting my options... do any of you have good university recommendations? send help pls
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads