The Student Room Group

Uplearn for A level Maths

Hi,
I've just started Y12 and am taking Maths, Physics and Geography for A levels.
So far Physics and Geography haven't been too bad but I've found Maths, especially stats, really tricky and I'm struggling to understand the concepts.
So I'm thinking of purchasing the Uplearn Maths Edexcel course and I've seen a lot of reviews saying that Uplearn was great for Economics Alevel and a lot of people did improve quite a bit when using that, however I've barely seen any Uplearn Maths reviews.
Does anyone have any firsthand experience, or know of anyone with first hand experience, when using Uplearn for A level Maths?
I am aware that the economics course was the original course which is why there were so many reviews, but I'd like to get some feedback for their Maths course before purchasing it (it's quite expensive)
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by laura ferrao
Hi,
So far Physics and Geography haven't been too bad but I've found Maths, especially stats, really tricky and I'm struggling to understand the concepts.
So I'm thinking of purchasing the Uplearn Maths Edexcel course and I've seen a lot of reviews saying that Uplearn was great for Economics Alevel and a lot of people did improve quite a bit when using that, however I've barely seen any Uplearn Maths reviews.
Does anyone have any firsthand experience, or know of anyone with first hand experience, when using Uplearn for A level Maths?
I am aware that the economics course was the original course which is why there were so many reviews, but I'd like to get some feedback for their Maths course before purchasing it (it's quite expensive)
Thanks

I'm not a current student but I'd be very wary of spending money on a course for A level Maths, especially when there are so many free resources available!

Tagging @Muttley79 who is a current teacher and will have some ideas on resources I'm sure :smile:
Original post by laura ferrao
Hi,
Thanks

Thanks for the tag @davros

I agree that there's so many good free resources to try first and you also have a teacher to ask for help!

Have you looked at this website: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php?year=A%20Level%202017&term=Main

He does teach in a high-performing school but the PPTs are good and it' the one I recommend.

What are you struggling with? You can post question on here with your attempt and we'll give hints :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest