archprich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am currently taking Maths Chem Bio and RS for A level, i think i would like to do BioChem at Uni. I can’t decide what i want to drop. It is between Maths and RS. Any suggestions? i Enjoy them both but obviously RS is easier, does maths keeping more open out way this? i am worried about maths getting to hard for A2. i would like an A or above in all subjects.
Last edited by archprich; 3 weeks ago
apolaroidofus
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Obviously maths is better and will make you more competitive for biochemistry but I would only be concerned about this if you're interested in studying natsci at Cambridge or biochemistry at Oxford, or maybe a couple of other top universities. If you can manage maths it might be advisable to take it but you're much better to get an A in RS than a C in maths
archprich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by apolaroidofus)
Obviously maths is better and will make you more competitive for biochemistry but I would only be concerned about this if you're interested in studying natsci at Cambridge or biochemistry at Oxford, or maybe a couple of other top universities. If you can manage maths it might be advisable to take it but you're much better to get an A in RS than a C in maths
brilliant thanks for the advice
nerual16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths helps with science so I would say maths. RS is interesting but not really worth it for your other subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (15)
22.73%
I'm not sure (2)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
27.27%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.55%
I'm not a current university student (28)
42.42%

Watched Threads