BelleClara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello,

I’m interested in studying Adult Nursing in 2021 but I lack experience in the background. As a result, I do not know if I can formulate a convincing personal statement.

I really want to get a job at least in nursing homes to get some insight but due to Covid-19 guidelines, some workplace are quite restrictive and not hiring in my area.

I would really appreciate your insights to help me boost my oersonal statement. Thank you!
KimboBoyce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you looked at volunteering? Getting experience with care of the elderly can be important, but there are so many different facets to being an adult nurse (so I've been told, I'm only about to start studying lol) But I do suggest volunteering, befriending, joining an agency as well, you can get work experience in different care home this way too. Good luck! xx
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BelleClara)
Hello,

I’m interested in studying Adult Nursing in 2021 but I lack experience in the background. As a result, I do not know if I can formulate a convincing personal statement.

I really want to get a job at least in nursing homes to get some insight but due to Covid-19 guidelines, some workplace are quite restrictive and not hiring in my area.

I would really appreciate your insights to help me boost my oersonal statement. Thank you!
This may help https://www.studential.com/personal-...ement-examples
BelleClara
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KimboBoyce)
Have you looked at volunteering? Getting experience with care of the elderly can be important, but there are so many different facets to being an adult nurse (so I've been told, I'm only about to start studying lol) But I do suggest volunteering, befriending, joining an agency as well, you can get work experience in different care home this way too. Good luck! xx
Thank you so much and good luck with your course!
meems22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BelleClara)
Hello,

hi
i didnt have experience specific to nursing, however i did have a part-time job. i just made sure to link whatever i chose to speak about from my experience of the job to nursing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (98)
13.65%
I'm not sure (32)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (225)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (346)
48.19%

Watched Threads