alicia248
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm in yr 8 and i have a history test about reformation. The thing is i'm really bad at revising or studying for a test and im not sure which sources to use?!? If I don't pass i could be moved a set down. Please help.
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi there, this might help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...wmn/revision/1
For year 8 I would imagine you'd be focusing more on Henry VIII and everything under him. Don't worry about the Stuarts at the end of the source I sent, just go with Henry.
To revise, maybe make a few flashcards or test yourself on key facts? You could try teaching someone else at home about it without looking at your notes, for example trying to summarise it to them in two minutes (or you could do this by yourself). Anything to check you've understood and start to learn it.
I'm a history student at uni and pretty good on the Reformation- did it at a-level and briefly last term at university, so ask here (you can tag me) if you don't understand anything.
alicia248
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by historynerd47)
Hi there, this might help: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...wmn/revision/1
For year 8 I would imagine you'd be focusing more on Henry VIII and everything under him. Don't worry about the Stuarts at the end of the source I sent, just go with Henry.
To revise, maybe make a few flashcards or test yourself on key facts? You could try teaching someone else at home about it without looking at your notes, for example trying to summarise it to them in two minutes (or you could do this by yourself). Anything to check you've understood and start to learn it.
I'm a history student at uni and pretty good on the Reformation- did it at a-level and briefly last term at university, so ask here (you can tag me) if you don't understand anything.
Hi,
Thank you so much! I have looked at the source and studied the key facts. One thing I am confused on though is how to use flashcards, as i was never taught that. Could you please explain. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads