I dont know what effective revision isssss

Watch
Poll: Is this effective revision
Yes - absolutely you know effective revision works (1)
100%
No - you're doing it absolutely wrong (0)
0%
Study6076
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So basically i need advice on effective revision right now I am doing Biology.

We have been at school for 4 weeks now and I haven't made any serious notes for the content we have covered so far and need help.

So I was thinking of making notes of each spec point we have done so far on word so typing it up and then summarising it onto a mindmap (handwritten) what do you think???

two problems with this
1) people say writing out the notes wil help you remember so what should i do about the word notes
2) I want to sell my revision notes at the end of year 12 so what should i do with the handwritten mind maps

How can i improve my technique let me knowwww

P.S for anyone that is in year 13/ or year 12 what kind of revision material would you be interested in seeing and would actually be willing to buy/or what do you wish was available at the time/ what was there a lack of ??

Also after i am happy with the standard of my notes I will do exam questions from P+ M.

Please let me know if this is a good idea so I can starttttt ( don't forget to take part in the poll)
Last edited by Study6076; 4 weeks ago
luluch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do flash cards or just skim read all the contents and start doing past paper questions or questions at the end of each unit
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by luluch)
Do flash cards or just skim read all the contents and start doing past paper questions or questions at the end of each unit
my teacher said flashcards aren't effective for BIO
luluch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Study6076)
my teacher said flashcards aren't effective for BIO
But bro for bio u just have to remember the contents and do questions over and over. Writing notes isn't effective. Recommend u watch ali abdaal's videos. They r so useful
Study6076
Rep:
?
ughh can people reply alreadyyy
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I suggest mindmaps and exam questions
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by luluch)
But bro for bio u just have to remember the contents and do questions over and over. Writing notes isn't effective. Recommend u watch ali abdaal's videos. They r so useful
Yess I watch him too! Recommend, so useful
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mindmaps/notes on flashcards to summarise the information in some way and then test yourself by active recall. Past papers are a huge key as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.15%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed