Friendship Trouble

Watch
Georgelennon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As you can read from the title, I am not happy. I am actually not from the UK and I am actually from a humble country (Brunei) with very little people. I like George Harrison and John Lennon hence the name portmanteau. This makes it hard for me to trust people in schools as people tend to move from one school to another and seem to settle in well. In fact, I feel really sadden as many people changed (Oasis reference there but that's besides the point) and me changing school didn't make anything better. . I currently go to an international school that promises a good community but it has been rather underwhelming. I shouldn't say this but I never been invited to parties, hangouts or equivalent. This may sound stupid but people who aren't much of a social butterfly gets invited and not me. I just don't feel like myself anymore as I have to play acting okay but I am not. The other day, I got hurt as a friend I trusted told me to go off for 30 minutes and I did with no suspicion. When a crowd erupted with happy birthday song in the background, I didn't realised much until I saw my close friend having his bday with 15 other students. What a crook. I don't get why I am excluded for no reason. Please help me!
Last edited by Georgelennon; 3 weeks ago
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
I beg you guys who are reading to help me. I don't want to be depressed again. It was definitely not a good thing to go through
RedNot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This definitely seems like a serious issue. Have you tried speaking to your friend about it? If you are having trouble at school it could be due to false rumours or the like. If someone wants to lie to you like that then they may not really be a close friend, more like an aquaintance. Some people are unfortunately excluded from social bubbles for really silly reasons because other humans are cruel. I really understand what you're going through, my best response would be to try talking and if that doesn't work, try different areas of friendship. I personally felt that lack of connection, especially in my mid and early teens, so I tried discord instead. Ended up with a bunch of people who I could chat to and relate to without feeling left out or uncomfortable, however if you do this you need to be careful. Remember not to reveal personal information or the like to anyone. Sometimes just talking about the issue can help. I hope you feel better before the year is up, it may take time but remember: You're worth it!
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedNot)
This definitely seems like a serious issue. Have you tried speaking to your friend about it? If you are having trouble at school it could be due to false rumours or the like. If someone wants to lie to you like that then they may not really be a close friend, more like an aquaintance. Some people are unfortunately excluded from social bubbles for really silly reasons because other humans are cruel. I really understand what you're going through, my best response would be to try talking and if that doesn't work, try different areas of friendship. I personally felt that lack of connection, especially in my mid and early teens, so I tried discord instead. Ended up with a bunch of people who I could chat to and relate to without feeling left out or uncomfortable, however if you do this you need to be careful. Remember not to reveal personal information or the like to anyone. Sometimes just talking about the issue can help. I hope you feel better before the year is up, it may take time but remember: You're worth it!
First of all, a major thank you. I just wanted to say that strangely, I feel more comfortable talking to people online then in school. I thought of going to a counsellor. I remembered that a guy friend of mine gave me warning on a 'girl' friend because I intimidated her and her boyfriend I believe, blew a fuse. I felt there is a lot of external thing going on such as group chats without me in them. They just seem to be cowards bcs they can't manned up and talk to me personally. I would have accepted it without much thought but they only make it more complicated. The problem probably stems back few months back when we started school together
Last edited by Georgelennon; 3 weeks ago
RedNot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If they’re gonna mess you around like that I’d say stuff them. Why let them use and disregard you? Don’t let anyone drag you down, rumours and hypocrisy are for boring people imo. If you need to chat I’m always here and I’m sure so are the majority of tsr. Good luck, seriously.
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedNot)
If they’re gonna mess you around like that I’d say stuff them. Why let them use and disregard you? Don’t let anyone drag you down, rumours and hypocrisy are for boring people imo. If you need to chat I’m always here and I’m sure so are the majority of tsr. Good luck, seriously.
alright👌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
15.1%
I'm not sure (16)
3.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.64%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46%

Watched Threads