f3iz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I want to become a game developer in the future, let me xplain my situation. I just funished year 11 and onmy gcse's I got grade 5 in Eng, eng lit, Maths, Science, spanish (grade 8). Now I'm in year 12 doing BTEC IT (exdende certificate because my school only offers that) and BTEC business (Diploma), is there any way I can do computer science in uni and become a game developer?
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Look around and do a lot of research for either a computer science, software engineering or a game development or a game design course. You might want to take an A level or two on top to meet the entry requirements if you need to.

But all of that aside, another important thing you should be doing now is building a bit of experience. Grab Unity or Unreal engine (whichever appeals to you most), youtube or find a tutorial for it and work through it and make the games they make in their tutorial. Then start building your own games.
f3iz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply! I can't take any a kevels cause the entry requirements for an A level is a grade 6 and I got a 5. Can you give me more info about unity or unreal engine, like whats the best if you want to become a game developer.
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by f3iz)
Thanks for the reply! I can't take any a kevels cause the entry requirements for an A level is a grade 6 and I got a 5. Can you give me more info about unity or unreal engine, like whats the best if you want to become a game developer.
Sorry for the late reply, either is fine, as the most important thing will be the experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.09%

Watched Threads