Please Can Someone Help Me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am 21, single, live with my mother in our rented household she can barley afford to keep also with our sister who is about to move out and start a new life with her boyfriend in their new home. I am currently in a basic mundane retail job in a town close to home and hate and cannot mental tolerate the fact that i cannot get two days off in a row. The work force is filled with chavs with southern accents and repulsive looks and personalities of shaved heads, tattoos and piercings and Cruela De Vil fashion statements turned thug life. I suffer from learning difficulties of which i dont know because no one tells me and have just finished second and what could be my last year of uni. I am however still learning how to drive 4 years and a few months on from when i began and still haven't progressed far and therefore not independent. Due to covid all performing related stuff is off the table as well making my life harder. I just wish for a second lock down that meant i couldn't work but means jack **** for me as i work in retail, which angers me further. All my acquaintances live better undeserved lives where they have good jobs and dates and can drive im stuck in a rut. Worst of all i have severe mental health issues developed now and really need someone to talk to but not just to talk to but to help me sort all my problems out once and for all so i can get by before i revert to antagonism and evil which im scared is starting.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 21, single, live with my mother in our rented household she can barley afford to keep also with our sister who is about to move out and start a new life with her boyfriend in their new home. I am currently in a basic mundane retail job in a town close to home and hate and cannot mental tolerate the fact that i cannot get two days off in a row. The work force is filled with chavs with southern accents and repulsive looks and personalities of shaved heads, tattoos and piercings and Cruela De Vil fashion statements turned thug life. I suffer from learning difficulties of which i dont know because no one tells me and have just finished second and what could be my last year of uni. I am however still learning how to drive 4 years and a few months on from when i began and still haven't progressed far and therefore not independent. Due to covid all performing related stuff is off the table as well making my life harder. I just wish for a second lock down that meant i couldn't work but means jack **** for me as i work in retail, which angers me further. All my acquaintances live better undeserved lives where they have good jobs and dates and can drive im stuck in a rut. Worst of all i have severe mental health issues developed now and really need someone to talk to but not just to talk to but to help me sort all my problems out once and for all so i can get by before i revert to antagonism and evil which im scared is starting.
Have you seen a gp about this, you seem to be feeling quite down and frustrated. Have you thought of starting to look for a different job or doing some sort of apprenticeship or education courses to enable you to work somewhere different?

Are you on any medication? Do you have any diagnosis?
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Your university is only 2 years? Or you will drop out? (for learning problems?)
I'm sorry to hear you suffer from mental health issues. Are you boy or girl? How are you recently?
AHKS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please go and see the welfare officer at your university and/or your GP. It is OK to feel down, but you can get help to feel better. I sense frustration that you don't know the diagnosis on your learning difficulties and your doctor should certainly be able to help you find that out. Your job sounds hard going, but I assume if you are doing a uni course it is only part time now, and not want you want to do forever so try to think of it as a means to an end (I.e. do it for the money).
AHKS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Please go and see the welfare officer at your university and/or your GP. It is OK to feel down, but you can get help to feel better. I sense frustration that you don't know the diagnosis on your learning difficulties and your doctor should certainly be able to help you find that out. Your job sounds hard going, but I assume if you are doing a uni course it is only part time now, and not want you want to do forever so try to think of it as a means to an end (I.e. do it for the money).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads