The Student Room Group

Uni degrees

Poll

Which degree are you doing?

Hello everyone I have a few questions about university.
I’m in year 11 now and I’ll soon be choosing my A levels and I’m still not 100% sure about what path I’d want to go down. I’m planning on doing bio and geography, and maybe chemistry as a third. I definitely want to do an animal related degree (vet med would be my first choice but I’ve heard it’s very expensive and long and I don’t want to spend the rest of my life paying off) but I’m not sure what to chose.
Is anyone here doing agriculture/animal science/environmental science/zoology/vet med? How long is the degree and how expensive is it? Is the degree hands on where you do a lot of practical work in the field? Which degree opens the most doorways in terms of employment? Which degree is the most “valuable”?
Most universities favour it if you have a chemistry a level when going into vet med so I would definitely take that. Unfortunately, I'm not in uni yet so I can't answer the second half of your post but what I can say is that if you want to go into vet med and that is your first choice, I'd go for it as you will want to spend your life doing something you enjoy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending