Has anyone done the Cambridge German Pre-U? Or A-Level German?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have no idea if this is in the correct forum sorry!! I need an answer ASAP!!

I’m looking to apply to a sixth form which do the German Pre U instead of A level.

I have read over the syllabus and it seems to me that it is a lot more like English Literature than the A Level is (e.g there is an exam which requires you to do an essay in English).

The reason this is a problem is because I loathe English. I don’t know what it is about it, but I find English lessons the most boring and the exams the hardest. I am not a fan of analysis although I know that this is a requirement in both German A Level and Pre U.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not bad at English Literature. I am predicted a 9 in both Lang and lit. I just really don’t enjoy it.

So my question is, how similar are German A Level and German Pre U to English literature and would I enjoy either of them considering how much I hate both Eng Lang and lit? By the way, German GCSE is my favourite subject and I am predicted a 9 in this as well but of course we don’t do any analysing etc. I don’t do GCSE history but I am interested in German History and Culture so there’s no problem there.

Also, I am not trying to be big headed by sharing my predicted grades, they obviously don’t mean a lot since I haven’t actually achieved them. But I felt like it was imperative to add them in for some context.

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads