The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by absolutelysprout
just post it on here??? pms are a faff when it comes to things like these.

Wow. How come I hadn't thought of that. Well, actually I had and that was before everyone told me, but there is clearly a reason why I don't wish to.
Reply 21
Original post by Lightning720
If someone offered their help in the way I requested 2 hours ago, I could have had some help by now.

You are not entitled to people helping you, especially not when it looks sketchy :lol:
If someone offered their help in the way I requested 2 hours ago, I could have had some help by now.

Listen, you’re the one that needs help. If no one is going to help over pm because you refuse to post here, then you’re the one losing out. It doesn’t affect anyone else!
Original post by LovelyMrFox
You are not entitled to people helping you, especially not when it looks sketchy :lol:

Prsom

Spoiler

Wow. How come I hadn't thought of that. Well, actually I had and that was before everyone told me, but there is clearly a reason why I don't wish to.

You might want to consider that there's a point where people go from "I'm not going to help you with this one thing that sounds sketchy" to "I'm not going to help you at all, ever".
Original post by LovelyMrFox

Maybe it's not very helpful to assume the worst of people.
Original post by DFranklin
You might want to consider that there's a point where people go from "I'm not going to help you with this one thing that sounds sketchy" to "I'm not going to help you at all, ever".

And you lot might want to consider that there are reasons for wanting stuff done in a certain way that you don't understand.
And you lot might want to consider that there are reasons for wanting stuff done in a certain way that you don't understand.

And you might want to consider that when asking for help you don’t get to demand things are done your way when it’s not the way this forum works. Solutions aren’t given, people post the question and their working and people help to guide.
Your choice.
Original post by GabiAbi84
And you might want to consider that when asking for help you don’t get to demand things are done your way when it’s not the way this forum works. Solutions aren’t given, people post the question and their working and people help to guide.
Your choice.

I never wanted a solution.
I never wanted a solution.

Maybe so but you didn’t want to follow the rest of the procedure either....
Maybe so but you didn’t want to follow the rest of the procedure either....

I shouldn't have to.
I shouldn't have to.

Cool, true true -but that’s the posting guidelines so, don’t follow them then unlikely people are going to help. You have four or five people here that would have been helping you already if you did.
Like I said, your choice.
Cool, true true -but that’s the posting guidelines so, don’t follow them then unlikely people are going to help. You have four or five people here that would have been helping you already if you did.
Like I said, your choice.

It's their choice as well.
It's their choice as well.

But we're all happy with the consequences of our choices - it's you that's complaining!
But we're all happy with the consequences of our choices - it's you that's complaining!

Should you be happy though? You seem to lack the ability to think about others. I clearly have a reason why I don't want to post it and it isn't because I shouldn't be asking. Yes, you might not be able to think about a reason why but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Who is in the wrong here? Me because I'd rather not follow the standard procedure or you lot for not offering help to someone who clearly needs it?
Should you be happy though? You seem to lack the ability to think about others. I clearly have a reason why I don't want to post it and it isn't because I shouldn't be asking. Yes, you might not be able to think about a reason why but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Who is in the wrong here? Me because I'd rather not follow the standard procedure or you lot for not offering help to someone who clearly needs it?

If you needed help so badly you'd just post the question. Plenty of people are offering you help, just not via the specific medium you want it.
Original post by Theloniouss
If you needed help so badly you'd just post the question. Plenty of people are offering you help, just not via the specific medium you want it.

Would I? Then how come I haven't? Oh, it's because I have a reason why I don't want to.
Original post by Theloniouss

Jeez, at this point I'd have made a throwaway and just posted the darn thing...

[Also, for the unaware: there are prior incidents of students asking for help on assessed coursework here - it's not just vague concern that people might do this].

I’m still gonna say you... we’re following procedures, and also not obligated to help so...
Jeez, at this point I'd have made a throwaway and just posted the darn thing...

[Also, for the unaware: there are prior incidents of students asking for help on assessed coursework here - it's not just vague concern that people might do this].

So you assume the worst in everyone then? Great.

Latest