Durham Geography Applicants 2021

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone

Thought I would make a thread specifically for Durham Geography applicants for 2021 entry.

Please share:

Predicted/achieved A level Grades
GCSE Grades
College you are applying to
Why you want to study Geography at Durham

Predicted/achieved A level Grades: Geography A* English Lit A* History A

GCSE Grades: 98776666543 (not the best I know, failed Spanish, will this make them not even consider my application?)

Extracurriculars: EPQ, DofE, MUNGA, loads of books, MOOCs, few competitions, tutoring, charity work

College you are applying to: No idea

Why you want to study Geography at Durham: Like the college system, academically focused but more relaxed than oxbridge
username5320372
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
anyone got offers yet?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous5226)
anyone got offers yet?
nah, only from Exeter. sent mine off on the 10th. you?
username5320372
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nah, only from Exeter. sent mine off on the 10th. you?
Sent it quite late, 14th Oct.
chocobi
Badges: 13
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous5226)
Sent it quite late, 14th Oct.
Same. I think they'll start coming in by tomorrow though (fingers crossed)
chramos15
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chocobi)
Same. I think they'll start coming in by tomorrow though (fingers crossed)
Already? I had no idea they sent out some responses this early
liviaX
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
has anyone had any offers back from durham?
chramos15
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by liviaX)
has anyone had any offers back from durham?
I haven't, they tend to wait until the January deadline. You?
liviaX
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chramos15)
I haven't, they tend to wait until the January deadline. You?
yes that’s what i thought, little bit panicked by the earlier post ahaha. no i haven’t, have you had acknowledgement yet?
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i haven’t applied to durham, but wondered if anyone has applied to oxford for geography? i’ve got offers from bristol bham exeter york - considered durham but quite far from where i live
username5253094
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I applied in late Sept for the Geography BA, but still no acknowledgement. Have you all heard anything from them?
liviaX
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mojoo)
Hi I applied in late Sept for the Geography BA, but still no acknowledgement. Have you all heard anything from them?
hiya! i’ve had two emails from them and applied mid-October (one thanking me for applying & the other regarding the 16 colleges).
username5253094
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks livia. Nothing here at all. I’ve had acknowledgements from all the others though - Cambridge, LSE, Bath, UCL. No idea what’s going on.
oclip2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Any one got offers yet. I applied for the combined social sciences and am wondering if I should expect my decision any time soon. If anyone has heard back yet please do reply
tuttifruity1206
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This thread is quite old but I thought I'd join in anyways. I applied on the 16th of November and I received an offer from Durham on the 19th of November for Geography Bsc for AAA.
GCSE grades: 9888888998
Predicted grades: A*AA
College applied for: Josephine Butler
lanceabbott
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anyone else got an offer yet?
EdwardHulton
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
no - anyone else got offers yet ?
EdwardHulton
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tuttifruity1206)
This thread is quite old but I thought I'd join in anyways. I applied on the 16th of November and I received an offer from Durham on the 19th of November for Geography Bsc for AAA.
GCSE grades: 9888888998
Predicted grades: A*AA
College applied for: Josephine Butler
Hi, just wondering if you gave Oxbridge a shot? grades look good enough.
tuttifruity1206
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EdwardHulton)
Hi, just wondering if you gave Oxbridge a shot? grades look good enough.
No I didn't actually - couldn't really see myself at either of the unis.
Did you?
Till97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi !

Just wanted to say I got an offer yesterday to do Geography at Durham. I don't know if this is helpful for anyone but I was constantly checking this page before I got my offer !!!!!
It was 38 points with 666 in my highers.

Good luck if you're still waiting to hear !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.81%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.14%
No (123)
39.05%

Watched Threads