AQA Biology and Chemistry exam practice

Watch
random-user246
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am currently in year 13 and I study both biology and chemistry. I was thinking whether it is a good idea to understand the content and just do all the past papers, both old spec and new spec rather than using external websites for questions. Has anyone else tried this? Is this a good idea and how much different is the old spec, in terms of questions, for both bio and chem?
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I revised from past papers from both specs and hardly noticed the difference so using all resources you can is a fab idea
random-user246
Rep:
?
(Original post by Torigracex)
I revised from past papers from both specs and hardly noticed the difference so using all resources you can is a fab idea
Thanks, do you think this is the most effective way of practicing questions? Is it ideal to get an A in both the subjects.
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by random-user246)
Thanks, do you think this is the most effective way of practicing questions? Is it ideal to get an A in both the subjects.
When I was revising from notes and then doing past papers, after a few I was getting As/A*s when compared to the grade boundaries of that year. Sadly I was meant to do my A levels this year which were cancelled so I can’t say ‘This got me A/A* in the final thing’ but it did in mocks we did using the 2019 papers you couldn’t get online before hand, and I have known people using the same technique who did actually get A/A* in their final exam.
random-user246
Rep:
?
(Original post by Torigracex)
When I was revising from notes and then doing past papers, after a few I was getting As/A*s when compared to the grade boundaries of that year. Sadly I was meant to do my A levels this year which were cancelled so I can’t say ‘This got me A/A* in the final thing’ but it did in mocks we did using the 2019 papers you couldn’t get online before hand, and I have known people using the same technique who did actually get A/A* in their final exam.
Thank you, I intend to do past papers rather than individual topic questions as past papers usually contain a variation of topics. Best of luck for the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads