Birthday with 6 people limit!

Watch
nerual16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m 17 soon and I have no clue what to do and who to invite for the following reasons: I have a friend grouo of me and 2 others, and other friends from different things who aren’t friends with eachother. My friend group is telling me to invite whoever I want because they will all speak to eachother, and yes I agree at parties with lots of people that’s fine, but because of COVID there would only be 6 of us and not in a party environment so I’m thinking it would be akward. I know I could just do something with my 3 people friend group but it just sounds a bit boring and small for a birthday. What do I do?
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just have a couple of mates around and have a chilled one at home? I mean technically if they don’t live with you they shouldn’t be in your house but nobody’s gonna know or care really!

17 isn’t a big deal anyway, as long as all the clubs are open for next year you’ll be alright haha
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Whats the issue with having a small get together? You could 'postpone' the birthday and have it after Covid is all cleared up if you really want to have a big celebration.
For my birthday this year with Covid and all, I ordered an ice cream cake to my house and ate it alone in my room. Not the most glamorous but it worked :lol:
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get a bottle of vodka and a pizza and have a private party.
nerual16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ramipril)
Get a bottle of vodka and a pizza and have a private party.
Of just my trio?😂
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nerual16)
Of just my trio?😂
Yeah the best parties are always the ones with your closest friends
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Birthdays don't need to be parties anyway, why people always want to celebrate something that isn't even an achievement confuses me.
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Birthdays don't need to be parties anyway, why people always want to celebrate something that isn't even an achievement confuses me.
Birthdays are a waste of ****ing time and just get more depressing the older you get. Though I appreciate the occasion to drown my sorrows in booze during the day and have it be more acceptable.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ramipril)
Birthdays are a waste of ****ing time and just get more depressing the older you get. Though I appreciate the occasion to drown my sorrows in booze during the day and have it be more acceptable.
Ah booze, life's truth.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Of just my trio?😂
Yes. If they are your best friends. You don’t have to invite the world to have a party. More often than not, that’s just how to measure popularity , which is silly.
you can have a great time with a few. 17 is not a big birthday
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
I've never got this either. It's like yeah let's celebrate the fact that you're a year closer to death and dementia. Birthdays suck imo.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  lighten up.png
Views: 7
Size:  115.7 KB
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m 17 soon and I have no clue what to do and who to invite for the following reasons: I have a friend grouo of me and 2 others, and other friends from different things who aren’t friends with eachother. My friend group is telling me to invite whoever I want because they will all speak to eachother, and yes I agree at parties with lots of people that’s fine, but because of COVID there would only be 6 of us and not in a party environment so I’m thinking it would be akward. I know I could just do something with my 3 people friend group but it just sounds a bit boring and small for a birthday. What do I do?
Could you do a zoom thing? All have some drinks and do some silly games or music/dancing?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
I've never got this either. It's like yeah let's celebrate the fact that you're a year closer to death and dementia. Birthdays suck imo.
I understand 18 because you are now an adult and have no age restrictions anymore but all other birthdays are just excuses for some type of event that isn't needed.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
describes every birthday i ever had
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.63%
I'm not sure (54)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.43%
I have already dropped out (35)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (561)
48.28%

Watched Threads