Is it ok to be thinking about the far future at 15?

Watch
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It'a pretty normal to think about the future.

Just to point out though, most people are not eligible to drive until they are 17.
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chamberlain3000)
Is i ok to be thinking about the far future at 15?
So I'm 15 and I don't know what to do now, like at this moment in time in this second, I was so clueless so I came here.
I know that I spend too much time thinking about the future, what I'll be, who I'll be, and where I'll be.
I'm 15 and 8 months and I want to buy a car to learn how to drive. In a month and a little, I would be eligible to learn how to drive. And the next year this same time, I'd be allowed to drive legally on the road without being stopped by the police for being an illegally underaged driver. And my parents think they've raised a demon who's corrupt because she spends her time wanting to be other people because they don't get me.
Not only am I thinking about buying a car, but I'm also thinking about moving out, going to Uni/college whatever you call it, buying an apartment, moving to a different country. And I haven't even done my bloody GCSEs.
Quarantine does wondrous things to you, doesn't it?
And to others, this is so fast-paced and dumb but to me, this is just normal. It's my way of life to just anticipate for the future. I get too excited about these big things which are going to happen in later years to come. Am I being selfish? Arrogant? Foolish? Childish? Mentally unstable?
I am, in fact, mentally unstable.
I'm not really thinking that anyone's going to answer this. But if you are then thanks. You're going to tell me to slow the eff down.
Sounds like me at 15. Everyone thinks about their future. But planning it now it’s not always good. Because if it doesn’t go to plan you might be disappointed. Think of your options because it’s nice to think of what you can be. This just means your mature for your AGE. For now enjoy life because I wish I enjoyed life more than organise it.
Last edited by learner38; 4 weeks ago
Chamberlain3000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
It'a pretty normal to think about the future.

Just to point out though, most people are not eligible to drive until they are 17.
Yeah i know that but there are some exceptions like you can be 16 and 9 months. So i'll be fifteen and 9 months in a month and a bit and i meant the next year i would be 16 and nine months so it would be then that i would start to drive. Thanks for replying!
Chamberlain3000
Rep:
?
(Original post by learner38)
Sounds like me at 15. Everyone thinks about their future. But planning it now it’s not always good. Because if it doesn’t go to plan you might be disappointed. Think of your options because it’s nice to think of what you can be. This just means your mature for your AGE. For now enjoy life because I wish I enjoyed life more than organise it.
Thanks for replying. I get disappointed a lot due to failed plans. I've since given up on planning so now I just think and dream about it. I am quite mature if you say so... but stupid academically. I haven't been doing a lot of enjoying life because some buggers like to get in the way of it. And trust me, organizing is not my area of expertise even though I an called a perfectionist.
learner38
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chamberlain3000)
Thanks for replying. I get disappointed a lot due to failed plans. I've since given up on planning so now I just think and dream about it. I am quite mature if you say so... but stupid academically. I haven't been doing a lot of enjoying life because some buggers like to get in the way of it. And trust me, organizing is not my area of expertise even though I an called a perfectionist.
Please don’t call yourself stupid you are not stupid just because you don’t get things in education. Don’t worry school is hard. But plz enjoy life and study so life can become easier. Goodluck!
Chamberlain3000
Rep:
?
(Original post by learner38)
Please don’t call yourself stupid you are not stupid just because you don’t get things in education. Don’t worry school is hard. But plz enjoy life and study so life can become easier. Goodluck!
Thanks, studying is a pain but that's what I need to do to be able to achieve in the future. Thanks for these amazing messages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed