Cambridge Psychology without A Level science/maths?

Watch
Soph975
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have recently decided that i would love to study psychology at uni and i really want to apply for the Cambridge course. However, i take English, History and Psych, but biology and maths are recommended - is this likely to heavily decrease my chances? I have a real passion for psychology and I’ve been reading around the subject a lot. I’m also really interested in neuroscience. I do regret not taking A Level bio and maths, but i initially thought i wanted to go into law, so I chose essay heavy subjects (which i still enjoy!) and it’s too late to switch.
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah, there's always people on PBS without either. Just be careful of your college choice - some require bio or maths (both in the case of Trinity), others say it's desirable (ie you'll be less competitive without it Vs someone who does have it) and then other colleges again have 0 requirements or preferences. Which ones? You'll need to read the subject reqs section on the colleges PBS page (on their individual websites - sorry!).

Have you thought about doing AS maths or bio this year as a boost? No obligation - you can get in with your combo - but if it interests you anyway it could be an option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads