Girl in my house doesn’t like me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically a few weeks ago I moved into our second year house with some girls from my flat last year and a new girl who we found last minute. The new girl seems to have bonded with everyone except me and it’s got to the point where she just ignores me now. I wouldn’t really mind since she’s not the kind of person I’d click with anyway but she’s gotten so close to my other friends I feel like she tries to take them away from me and its making the living situation really awkward. She invites everyone but me to do stuff and i just feel a bit **** because everyone else really likes her. Any ideas what I should do? Should I just suck it up and ignore her?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just ignore her and don't directly respond to any passive aggression or non-verbal humiliation tactics.
But stay friendly with the other housemates, don't allow her to isolate you or ruin your reputation with nasty lies.
Good luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
This is why I chose private accommodation.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically a few weeks ago I moved into our second year house with some girls from my flat last year and a new girl who we found last minute. The new girl seems to have bonded with everyone except me and it’s got to the point where she just ignores me now. I wouldn’t really mind since she’s not the kind of person I’d click with anyway but she’s gotten so close to my other friends I feel like she tries to take them away from me and its making the living situation really awkward. She invites everyone but me to do stuff and i just feel a bit **** because everyone else really likes her. Any ideas what I should do? Should I just suck it up and ignore her?
How close are you with your other housemates?

If you're friends with them, why don't they realise you're being left out, and try include you in? bit peak either way ;/.

Ignore it, some people just don't like people, without even speaking to them, weird, I mean I was always raised to give people a chance anyway, regardless of my initial thoughts/vibes.

Girls, can be like that sometimes, trust me just ignore it, and if she tries anything tell her to piss off lmfao.

You just focus, on making the most of your time. If she wants to speak to you she will, maybe she thinks you seem unapproachable. I know a lot of my mates thought I was a total bit*h at first (they're not wrong but I have good intentions). But, if you have tried to be friendly, and received nothing then don't bother.

Good luck x
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t let her push you away
Set up social events for everyone, her included.
Don’t rise to her nastiness. Be the bigger person
Smother her with niceness. You catch more flies with honey! Or a pillow in her sleep if you can get away with it 😜
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads