Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've been feeling this way since after results day but thought it would change until I got to university but the opposite has happened. I have recently moved into university and I hate it. Covid has put a hold on a lot of activities and now the majority of my learning will be online--i might as well just stay in London and do online learning instead of paying for extra fees for things e.g. accommodation. I also thought i would enjoy the independence but its just felt like lonliness. We need to stay in our rooms more often and even when we do some people flout the rules and bring people from other universities which makes me feel uncomfortable. I do have some nice flatmates but I really don't feel like we will be good friends. Also, I feel like taking a gap year during this pandemic and then applying to a university in London will be beneficial for me as I have been given some opportunities for internships in the spring and summer. What should I do?
dat boi0012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I dont blame you for wanting to move back, doesnt seem worth it, going to uni right now is like walking into a garbage fire
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dat boi0012)
I dont blame you for wanting to move back, doesnt seem worth it, going to uni right now is like walking into a garbage fire
As someone who was very unhappy at university and ended up getting chucked out of two, I wish I had been able to take a gap year before I started. If you can, I highly recommend it. Perhaps you could discuss this with your personal tutor and deferring your entry for a year? Give it some thought while on your gap year and the way forward may be clearer. Good luck.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been feeling this way since after results day but thought it would change until I got to university but the opposite has happened. I have recently moved into university and I hate it. Covid has put a hold on a lot of activities and now the majority of my learning will be online--i might as well just stay in London and do online learning instead of paying for extra fees for things e.g. accommodation. I also thought i would enjoy the independence but its just felt like lonliness. We need to stay in our rooms more often and even when we do some people flout the rules and bring people from other universities which makes me feel uncomfortable. I do have some nice flatmates but I really don't feel like we will be good friends. Also, I feel like taking a gap year during this pandemic and then applying to a university in London will be beneficial for me as I have been given some opportunities for internships in the spring and summer. What should I do?
Go to your uni website and lookat withdrawal procedure.Also look at UCAS page on this.Quickeryou act less it will cost.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.79%
I'm not sure (8)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.09%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.4%
I'm not a current university student (128)
44.91%

Watched Threads