Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I moved to uni a week ago and I don’t know y but I’m not enjoying it that much like I have met some nice people and had a few nights but yeah, my flatmates r lovely but there’s these two guys who when they get drunk they r so nasty and say horrible things to everyone and I know I shouldn’t take it personally cos they’re drunk but I lowkey feel like crying cos I’m not really enjoying myself or haven’t actually met many people, I don’t know what to do I really hope I find friends because I’m starting to feel lonely
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Things should become better as you meet new people on your course, working with them on team projects. Also you can meet new people through any societies you join. Try to ignore those particular people who upset you and avoid meeting with them if necessary.
Moana92
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree. Don't let these 2 idiots spoil your experience. Keep away from them and get to know people who have similar interests to yourself instead.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I moved to uni a week ago and I don’t know y but I’m not enjoying it that much like I have met some nice people and had a few nights but yeah, my flatmates r lovely but there’s these two guys who when they get drunk they r so nasty and say horrible things to everyone and I know I shouldn’t take it personally cos they’re drunk but I lowkey feel like crying cos I’m not really enjoying myself or haven’t actually met many people, I don’t know what to do I really hope I find friends because I’m starting to feel lonely
You've only been there a week, give it and yourself a chance to find people who are more like minded to you. I barely speak to anyone I Met in freshers and it took until after the first term for me to make closer bonds with people. Also as above, joining a society will be your best route to making friends - I joined cheer and the amount of people you meet is crazy!

Sophie - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (43)
15.69%
I'm not sure (8)
2.92%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (98)
35.77%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.46%
I'm not a current university student (121)
44.16%

Watched Threads