lizzie03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!

I'm applying to study chemistry at Durham university, and I'd quite like a self-catered college, but I have no idea which ones are close to the centre of town and the chemistry department, and there aren't that many self-catered colleges to choose from! Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!!
Last edited by lizzie03; 4 weeks ago
Chamberlain3000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lizzie03)
Hello!

I'm applying to study chemistry at Durham, and I'd quite like a self-catered college, but I have no idea which ones are close to the centre of town and the chemistry department, and there aren't that many self-catered colleges to choose from! Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!!
uni u mean? or like college uni? or like college college? i want to got to durham bc harry potter was filmed there. nice place. and to answer ur question. i simply do not know. but im here to listen to others who do know.
lizzie03
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chamberlain3000)
uni u mean? or like college uni? or like college college? i want to got to durham bc harry potter was filmed there. nice place. and to answer ur question. i simply do not know. but im here to listen to others who do know.
sorry I guess that was a bit confusing! yes I meant Durham uni, and college from one of the 16 Durham colleges!
Theobromine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The self-catered colleges are Josephine Butler, Stevenson, South, and John Snow. These are all rather new and modern compared to the older catered colleges in the city centre. None of them are too far from the science site, about 15 min at the most, and about 25 minutes into town at a slow pace.

I'm a chemist at Josephine Butler. If you'd like to know more about these colleges please ask, I will answer to the best of my ability.

Some other colleges, St Cuthberts and Castle/University College do have some self-catered rooms, but they're mostly catered.
Last edited by Theobromine; 4 weeks ago
isrchow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! Hope you’re well, I’m applying for History & Combined honours this year. So torn which college I should apply to. I want to be near the Bailey & want traditional - gowned college?

Don’t wanna apply for castle cause you don’t actually live in the castle & will most likely to be allocated elsewhere ... same with Chads.

I’ll be 20 when I start, is it normal at Durham for people to be 1-2 years old in first year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.22%
I'm not sure (59)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (634)
49%

Watched Threads