Feels like a constant existential crisis

Watch
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What's the point of things? If you die early then all your hard work has been wasted. If you don't succeed then you're a nobody. If you're not happy society throws pills at you and tells you to man up. Everything looks so bleak and dull. Same routine every day and it's just bland. Wtf is life? It's confusing. I just needed to let this out somewhere.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends. There's isn't really a whole lot of inherent point to anything, it's only what you assign to it. If you're struggling with something, I'd encourage you to seek help and speak to someone. If you want to chat or anything, feel free to send me a message.
Fareeha18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Damn I've been feeling the same.
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
What's the point of things? If you die early then all your hard work has been wasted. If you don't succeed then you're a nobody. If you're not happy society throws pills at you and tells you to man up. Everything looks so bleak and dull. Same routine every day and it's just bland. Wtf is life? It's confusing. I just needed to let this out somewhere.
You leave a legacy. What you do shapes anyone who meets you. The people you leave behind carry on with memory of you.

Make it a good. And you have left a positive imprint on the world and contributed to a future for somebody else.

Not everything is as it seems and not everyone has to be given validation to exist. They’re the people we need to learn from - they usually find purpose using the people they have or will have. Family or blood or friends or ideals/integrity are good things to have, want, and live with. It leaves something for the next person to aspire to and makes survival of our species more teamwork and noble for the purposes of being a strong species. We are here for and to be nature.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is why many people follow religion. To seek answers to those questions.

Putting religion outside. The basic purpose of life is to pass on knowledge to offspring and to maintain and further expand the colony. This is evident in all living things. Why do we do this? It's because we are not immortal so we unable to perseve our way of life or maintain our species. Hence, the need for offspring and continuing the species which form the basis of life.
Grizwuld
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Er sex is good???
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fareeha18)
Damn I've been feeling the same.
It's not a fun feeling...
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
You leave a legacy. What you do shapes anyone who meets you. The people you leave behind carry on with memory of you.

Make it a good. And you have left a positive imprint on the world and contributed to a future for somebody else.

Not everything is as it seems and not everyone has to be given validation to exist. They’re the people we need to learn from - they usually find purpose using the people they have or will have. Family or blood or friends or ideals/integrity are good things to have, want, and live with. It leaves something for the next person to aspire to and makes survival of our species more teamwork and noble for the purposes of being a strong species. We are here for and to be nature.
I get what you're saying but I never saw myself as a guy who could leave any kind of legacy.
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I get what you're saying but I never saw myself as a guy who could leave any kind of legacy.
bruh trust me, i know what it's like to feel like you can't leave a legacy, i'm not a functioning person.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This thread is f*cking miserable.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
[QUOTE/] and if you die early all your hard work is wasted [/QUOTE/]
Statically as a younger person your far more likely to die a sudden death with no precluding illness.
Imagine slowly loosing to yourself to dementia age 90.
[QUOTE/] if you don't succeed your no one [/QUOTE/]
Some people are remembered for longer than others. But in the end the sun will swollow up the earth. If that doesn't finish us off, our galaxy (the milky-way) is on a collision course with another. And then even if some derivative of human life survived there's the end of the universe to deal with.
Point been no one will be remembered for ever.

There is so much that us, as humans are unable to comprehend. Our understanding of the world/ universe is so limited (and we know it is largely/ completely incorrect).
There might be a God, there might not a be a God. We don't know, as it stands its impossible to prove or disprove.
Uncertainty is just something we have to accept.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Man I have been feeling like this so much...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads