Is a health and social care degree necessary?

Watch
Nikkioshea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have a few ideas ideas of where I see my career going..helping fight homelessness, working with mentally ill people or underprivileged people.

My question is what does a degree in health and social care get you compared to working your way up the ladder or even a college nvq? If you have a degree in health and social care, was it worth it?

Thank you!
Allyson2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nikkioshea)
I have a few ideas ideas of where I see my career going..helping fight homelessness, working with mentally ill people or underprivileged people.

My question is what does a degree in health and social care get you compared to working your way up the ladder or even a college nvq? If you have a degree in health and social care, was it worth it?

Thank you!
Its would give you more experience in health & social care ,
You will learn more through doing this than without it.
It will open up more jobs opportunities having a degree in health & social care.
Better pay to and you can still work you way up the career ladder at sametime .

Its your decision at end of the day on this but if I was you I would do the degree course for it to give you a better chance in working with those you want to.
Social care is a big area and lots of different areas you can work in .

Its like myself - can't get a job in nursing without a degree ( yeah there's lower grades jobs not requiring this ) so I had to do a degree course in nursing for it so be brave and just go and do your health & social care degree .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
15.35%
I'm not sure (8)
3.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (84)
36.84%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.75%
I'm not a current university student (97)
42.54%

Watched Threads