What do you do with your worn gym clothes until you wash them?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
At home, I’d usually put my sweaty gym clothes straight in the washing machine when I got home from the gym. Now that I’m having to pay per wash I obviously don’t want to do that. I don’t know whether it’s best to hang them up to dry before putting the in the laundry basket, or whether to rinse them in the sink first, but then they’re gonna be sopping wet and dripping until they dry out. Thoughts?
Allyson2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At home, I’d usually put my sweaty gym clothes straight in the washing machine when I got home from the gym. Now that I’m having to pay per wash I obviously don’t want to do that. I don’t know whether it’s best to hang them up to dry before putting the in the laundry basket, or whether to rinse them in the sink first, but then they’re gonna be sopping wet and dripping until they dry out. Thoughts?
Few options you got for this as 1) you hand wash them out in sink and hang them up as you said, if you keep wringing them out all directions untill you got as much water out as possible they won't drip hopefully ok as only takes few minutes more to do that, 2) put them into a wash basket in your room untill you do a washing further in the week - ( what I got to do with my works uniform is to place them into a carrier bag/ plastic bag and put this into washing basket as it is untill I wash all the weeks shifts uniforms together as can't mix with anything else , 3) alternative is just pay per wash but obviously you wanting to save money so its either option 1 or 2 then I'm afraid.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hiya!

In uni accommodation it can be really pricey to keep washing your clothes so I would recommend doing your washing once a week or once every two weeks, and doing one wash for your clothes and one wash for your towels and bedding. In my first year I hand washed my gym clothes after every time I wore them just to make sure that they didn't smell and I also went to Primark to buy more gym clothes just so I always had enough to wear! I recommend looking into a local laundrette as they can sometimes be cheaper, but some can be more expensive than your uni washing machines!

Definitely get a clothes horse for your bedroom so you can hang up your laundry that you have washed. You can also buy heated clothes horses which dry your clothes even quicker!

Hope this helps! Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.79%
I'm not sure (8)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.09%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.4%
I'm not a current university student (128)
44.91%

Watched Threads