Left on delivered

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So here’s a common scenario that most if not all of us go through/ have been through:

You’re talking to a guy (or girl) who you like In that way and the conversations usually go well with both parties replying in good time and being consistent. All of a sudden they’ve stopped replying to you and/or they start to take hours if not days to reply. You can CLEARLY tell they have been active on social media while they’ve left you hanging. What would you assume and why ? That they’re busy ? That they’re speaking to someone else (in that way) ? That they’ve lost interest in you ? And what would you do about it ? (Ask them why they’re ignoring you, or wait it out)
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How can you clearly tell they've been on social media?
They could be busy, they could be bored of talking to you, they could have lost interest. If they're flat out ignoring you Id leave it there. If it just starts to fizzle out Id attempt to keep things going, but it gets to a point that if they're not putting in the same amount of effort that I am its not going to work- at that point Id let it go. If you've only been talking for a few days its not your place to ask them why they have been ignoring you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
You can tell they’ve been on social media as on most social media apps, for example on Instagram it literally tells you when they are or aren’t. I get we can all get busy from time to time but surely if it’s somebody you like you’ll find 30 seconds from the 24 hours out your day to acknowledge them right ?
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Happened to me today actually. Responded to a girl's instagram story and thought I'd take the plunge to get chatting, etc with things seeming to go okay for a bit, but her responses later sounded less interested with no questions being asked back unless it seemed impolite not to include one. My last response was left on 'read' from a couple hours ago which is a shame considering we seemed to have a lot in common, but at least I now know for sure that she wasn't interested in me or the outcome of the conversation which is life I guess..
Last edited by TJ1997; 4 weeks ago
Grizwuld
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just move on. It's a big ocean.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So here’s a common scenario that most if not all of us go through/ have been through:

You’re talking to a guy (or girl) who you like In that way and the conversations usually go well with both parties replying in good time and being consistent. All of a sudden they’ve stopped replying to you and/or they start to take hours if not days to reply. You can CLEARLY tell they have been active on social media while they’ve left you hanging. What would you assume and why ? That they’re busy ? That they’re speaking to someone else (in that way) ? That they’ve lost interest in you ? And what would you do about it ? (Ask them why they’re ignoring you, or wait it out)
l would block someone like that end off
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah that happens to me a few times, it does get really annoying. The thing is I chat the same to boys and girls alike but with girls I get like half-arsed answers. I mean not all of them, but with some of them I'd reply to their Instagram story and try to engage a conversation with them as we have a similar interest and what they'd do is either leave it on read or just reply with one word responses.

The same thing happens after sending them a Congratulations message on their achievements because normally I'd be inclined to be happy for them. There was one girl that I knew from High School and we were both in the same classes for most things and we usually got along well. She graduated last year and I had sent her a Congrats message and asked her on what she was planning to do afterwards. She did reply albeit 3 days later and just said 'Thanks'. However there were some that were even worse and didn't even bother to reply at all.

It's generally stuff like this that puts me off social media in general, like isn't the whole point of it to engage in conversations with your friends? Tbf though this has been happening in the last two years- especially while reconnecting with my old school mates. It's only taken me up until now to realise that I'm no longer relevant to them.

Ultimately, the best thing to do is move on, it's hard but there's nothing much you can do about people who ignore you or find you irrelevant. It's their loss.
Last edited by Shafy97; 4 weeks ago
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you notice that when you are in the presence of these people they are always on there phones? Yeah... they don't like you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads