Hurtful rumours being spread about me.

Watch
Milhouse140
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A bit of context:
Im a 25 year old student who has just moved into halls in my first year. We have a house occupancy of 12 and within one week of me being here someone is spreading a rumour that I said something vulgar during a night of drinking about a housemate who has a boyfriend. Said boyfriend then threatened me over Instagram when he heard this rumour. Earlier in the week I had admitted to liking someone else within the house and apparently I said that if it doesn't work out with her then I'll try it on with the other girl. This is completely untrue and now I am dreading even leaving my room. What can I do?
Last edited by Milhouse140; 4 weeks ago
_mo_lhm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It could be better if you can confront the person spreading rumours about you instead of hiding away this just shows that you have admitted what they say is true.
or if you feel the situation is escalating and the boyfriend threatens to get physical it could be best to speak to your student advisor or report the guy. but the last thing you wanna do is stay quiet about it go and stand up for yourself m8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.49%
I'm not sure (58)
4.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.38%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (606)
48.52%

Watched Threads