Sleep is for the weak :fangs:
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Sleep is for the weak :fangs:
Your post count has slipped from 101.30 to 101.13 a day. You’re slacking!
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah. Feel guilty for not doing uni work. I have a seminar over zoom at 10 or 11. I don’t think I’ll sleep. or I’ll sleep through it.

I’m meant to be in at like 4 as well. Again. Idk if I’ll go. I don’t like the module - it’s a careers one and I haven’t even been to any yet.

But Yh, basically feeling guilt as hell.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
Your post count has slipped from 101.30 to 101.13 a day. You’re slacking!
The fact that you know that number by heart scares me :rofl:
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
Yeah. Feel guilty for not doing uni work. I have a seminar over zoom at 10 or 11. I don’t think I’ll sleep. or I’ll sleep through it.

I’m meant to be in at like 4 as well. Again. Idk if I’ll go. I don’t like the module - it’s a careers one and I haven’t even been to any yet.

But Yh, basically feeling guilt as hell.
This covid **** sounds like heaven from a lecture sense! You can just stay in bed and then your laptop and see the lecture! Wish I had that ability back when I was in uni. I used to hate going in for lectures! Gah! Such a waste of time!
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This covid **** sounds like heaven from a lecture sense! You can just stay in bed and then your laptop and see the lecture! Wish I had that ability back when I was in uni. I used to hate going in for lectures! Gah! Such a waste of time!
Can work both ways. I learn better when I’m in a lecture theatre and have to think about what I see and hear.

I haven’t seen a single lecture whilst in my room. When it started last year all I did was go through slides and hope for the best lol.

I’m not even 18/21 , I started this course at 24 lool.
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Can work both ways. I learn better when I’m in a lecture theatre and have to think about what I see and hear.

I haven’t seen a single lecture whilst in my room. When it started last year all I did was go through slides and hope for the best lol.

I’m not even 18/21 , I started this course at 24 lool.
When I was 24, I was in new zealand backpacking
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I was 24, I was in new zealand backpacking
Bruhhhh, that’s goals - how old are you now

Have you been backpacking since

What’s your favourite place of visiting
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Bruhhhh, that’s goals - how old are you now

Have you been backpacking since

What’s your favourite place of visiting
I’m in my early 30s. Not saying how old exactly :ninja:

travelling had such a profound impact on me i’ve never really settled down since I got back. I’ve been bumming around doing nothing, jumping from temp job to temp job haha! If I put my mind to it I could be anything: actuary, accountant, train to be a doc, teacher, but instead i’m drifting in and out of work trying to find the meaning of life . Become bit of a drifter in life!

so, best place I went on my travels was probs the big island on hawaii where i saw lava, and south island of nz where I saw stunning nature and did lots of extreme sports.

most recent favourite place was when I went to rocklands Near cape town in 2018 for a climbing holiday! Best rock climbing on earth! Nowadays I just do odd jobs, and when I can find people to go with, I go climbing!
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
The fact that you know that number by heart scares me :rofl:
I checked it yesterday, and again today haha. I’m just fascinated by numbers
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in my early 30s. Not saying how old exactly :ninja:

travelling had such a profound impact on me i’ve never really settled down since I got back. I’ve been bumming around doing nothing, jumping from temp job to temp job haha! If I put my mind to it I could be anything: actuary, accountant, train to be a doc, teacher, but instead i’m drifting in and out of work trying to find the meaning of life . Become bit of a drifter in life!

so, best place I went on my travels was probs the big island on hawaii where i saw lava, and south island of nz where I saw stunning nature and did lots of extreme sports.

most recent favourite place was when I went to rocklands Near cape town in 2018 for a climbing holiday! Best rock climbing on earth! Nowadays I just do odd jobs, and when I can find people to go with, I go climbing!
Sounds neat,

I get that, life can be hard to figure out

That sounds sick, what made you back pack and what’s stopping you from pursuing anything in particular, as in what’s the hesitation for? Assuming that’s what’s going on? You say you need to find it but could it be you aren’t seeing it from a normal perspective and travel bug makes you uncertain of commitment instead?

Lol a few questions there, mostly rhetorics though

Did you touch the lava though? Lol
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Sounds neat,

I get that, life can be hard to figure out

That sounds sick, what made you back pack and what’s stopping you from pursuing anything in particular, as in what’s the hesitation for? Assuming that’s what’s going on? You say you need to find it but could it be you aren’t seeing it from a normal perspective and travel bug makes you uncertain of commitment instead?

Lol a few questions there, mostly rhetorics though

Did you touch the lava though? Lol
I’m a commitment phobe. Scared of committing to a career, a gf, marriage etc. I like being free and having no ties. I take whatever job I get and move on when I get bored. Mostly do IT contracting. Good money and good holidays. No job security though. Was gonna go backpacking around india in jan but covid hit. Donno when i’ll next get to travel tbh! Current plan is to buy a car and drive around the UK rock climbing or maybe go to france for a bit. Make the most of the time off, but struggling to find a leather-free car.

re: lava: didn’t touch the hot one. Did touch the cooled down lava rock though. Lava is hotter than you’d ever thing. Think of it like opening an oven when it has preheated and that heat hits you. It’s like that but you get that from 2-3m away! Lava gets up to 1300C i believe, so much hotter than your average oven!

So short term, my plan is to get a flat/house and rent it out, so I have some passive income.Trying to get a job that will give me a good enough mortgage to do this. Then mid term i want to get another IT contract and travel a bit more. Long term..**** knows mate - just going with the flow for now.
Last edited by boulderingislife; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (170)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (342)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (35)
3.01%
I'm not a current university student (560)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed