L.YH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi - I'm currently submitting my UCAS now, but I have no idea what kind of unis I should apply to. I'm currently at A*AAA predictions; with that, how many unis of A*AA, AAA and AAB am I recommended to apply to? Thanks in advance!
gorilla_08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd say 4 Uni's that are A*AA or AAA, then maybe 1 uni AAB for your insurance. Find a really good insurance choice that has low entry requirements.

You'll regret putting down too many low requirement universities, as you'll only need 1 for insurance.

Plus most uni's that require e.g AAB or ABB are in clearing anyway
L.YH
Rep:
?
(Original post by gorilla_08)
I'd say 4 Uni's that are A*AA or AAA, then maybe 1 uni AAB for your insurance. Find a really good insurance choice that has low entry requirements.

You'll regret putting down too many low requirement universities, as you'll only need 1 for insurance.

Plus most uni's that require e.g AAB or ABB are in clearing anyway
Thankyouu!!! I'm just extra worried that I won't get any offers...since many 2020 applicants are deferring entry. The course I'm applying to is also quite competitive, especially when I don't have fm.
gorilla_08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L.YH)
Thankyouu!!! I'm just extra worried that I won't get any offers...since many 2020 applicants are deferring entry. The course I'm applying to is also quite competitive, especially when I don't have fm.
oxford,cambridge,imperial are the only ones that are super competitive to get offers from (they care about further maths + personal statements).

For every other uni, just getting decent predicted grades on your UCAS (which are close to the entry requirements) is all they care about, and for 2021 I doubt a person with your grades will find trouble getting offers from top universities
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L.YH)
What course is it?

Don't apply to any unis that say they want FM if you don't have it
L.YH
Rep:
?
(Original post by gorilla_08)
oxford,cambridge,imperial are the only ones that are super competitive to get offers from (they care about further maths + personal statements).

For every other uni, just getting decent predicted grades on your UCAS (which are close to the entry requirements) is all they care about, and for 2021 I doubt a person with your grades will find trouble getting offers from top universities
Hopefully...thankyou again!!!
L.YH
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
What course is it?

Don't apply to any unis that say they want FM if you don't have it
Hii sorry for the late reply - I'm applying for economics, which prefers fm (for some reason I chose to not take it on my first year, which I regret). I've been told that LSE, UCL and Warwick generally just prefers an econs application with fm sooooo
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L.YH)
Hii sorry for the late reply - I'm applying for economics, which prefers fm (for some reason I chose to not take it on my first year, which I regret). I've been told that LSE, UCL and Warwick generally just prefers an econs application with fm sooooo
I think LSE expect people to choose FM for Economics if their school offers it and don’t accept many people who don’t have it.

I would check with their Admissions before potentially wasting a space on the UCAS form
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads