regulations infringing on the honor, reputation or dignity of others

Watch
lisa.nguyen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Please show me what regulations of your country (laws, which terms) govern a public apology responsibility when violating the honor, reputation or dignity of others.
For example: I insult you on facebook (internet). You sued me to court asking me to apologize to you publicly. Accordingly, will the Court make me apologize to you? If yes, where will the Court ask me to apologize (on the internet at the same page that I offended you - facebook, or in the press), how to do it?
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lisa.nguyen)
Please show me what regulations of your country (laws, which terms) govern a public apology responsibility when violating the honor, reputation or dignity of others.
For example: I insult you on facebook (internet). You sued me to court asking me to apologize to you publicly. Accordingly, will the Court make me apologize to you? If yes, where will the Court ask me to apologize (on the internet at the same page that I offended you - facebook, or in the press), how to do it?
Hi :hi:
I've popped your thread into law study help where you should get some more responses :yes:
I hope you have a lovely day,
Cheese :bump:
lisa.nguyen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hi :hi:
I've popped your thread into law study help where you should get some more responses :yes:
I hope you have a lovely day,
Cheese :bump:
thank you so much!
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lisa.nguyen)
Defamation is a tortious claim. In general, the courts can only order relief of damages or injunctions. Anything like apologies is a privately settled arrangement.

Look up "defamation relief" or "defamation remedies" and make sure it is of the relevant jurisdiction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.67%
I'm not sure (5)
2.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (70)
35.35%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.52%
I'm not a current university student (87)
43.94%

Watched Threads