What happens if you miss a few seminars or lectures?

Watch
Siciliano
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My course starts today but I haven’t been given a timetable yet. I’ve emailed admin and been to reception but nothing so far. Reception just told me to come back tomorrow at 9am and I’m still waiting for a response from admin. It’s looking likely that I’ll be absent for a few days until I get my timetable. What will the consequences of this be do you think?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Siciliano)
My course starts today but I haven’t been given a timetable yet. I’ve emailed admin and been to reception but nothing so far. Reception just told me to come back tomorrow at 9am and I’m still waiting for a response from admin. It’s looking likely that I’ll be absent for a few days until I get my timetable. What will the consequences of this be do you think?
There will be no consequences. If you get asked about it, explain that you weren't given your timetable in time so you couldn't attend anything. It isn't like school where you get in trouble for not showing up. At uni, you can do what you like pretty much and nobody cares.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I skipped so much for the first half of my third year and nobody really noticed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.38%
I'm not sure (8)
3.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (88)
37.61%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (98)
41.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed