Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In the summer I have been spending a lot of time in cars or at car events and it has been amazing but it was so good and it's made me realise a lot of things to be fair and a lot of things a lot of things in my life you ****ing changing. I never thought some car events would affect me like this but like honestly just let me please explain why you being like this and why I am acting weird, I just have been feeling a bit down lately it’s just thing’s like how things are atm. If could take a driving test and pass now I would literally do like that no matter what like honestly I literally have not been happy without being able to drive, I do have my family to give me lifts that but I think they would accept how happy would make me if I could drive and **** like. I'm really not happy living with not having my licence it’s not like I get judged for not driving it's just I just don't like the using public transport, I have tried walking, tried cycling and tried the bus but I hated them so much. My friends as well they are not into cars as heavily as me and I need to stop letting cars be my everything. It’s just things like that if I go to pub and I don't want to do travel other ways, I use the bus currently and I like I say I hate it so much and I just love cars like they make me so happy like genuinely do. Not a lot has really brought me happiness like cars and right now I'm just addicted honestly. I just think I didn’t car events would effect me like this but let me please explain. I just that I don't really have many people to speak to face-to-face but I have a family give me a little bit more and I chat with just about things that I'm into people have tried being there for me but I just pushed them away. My family bought a house and I stayed there on my own for so long biggest mistake of my life. I am just in to cars so much.

I have so many random thoughts. But yes cars like I keep saying, cars, they make me happy and I think driving is one of the few things that Im into right now. I think driving is so important to me it determines so much about me and my future because it’s an essential skill you need in life. I've just got so much of a passion for cars. Like honestly I don't give a **** are they actually are like we I do mean it.. Like it’s so much of a passion but I really do care so much about getting my drivers licence. Driving is genuinely really crucial.

Anyway I might be feeling like this because of these lockdowns so maybe that's why maybe I feel this way because of that. But something deeper and I think that it is deep because I felt like this for a very long time, I felt lonely, I have felt down. Many people tell me that I'm like this I don't tell them that I'm upset I keep it all to myself because I don't wanna not weak. I'm just not a good talker that’s why I’m posting on here. This is another thing I wish I was more confident as a person, I just like this woman but I don’t have the confidence to even say hi to her or anything, I just think getting my licence would make me more confident about my self in general just because if you can drive it’s an advantage and an extra thing you can do.

I posted before but I just felt like I need to do it again just because I have still been feeling like this.
username5395306
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
im the same, and was in the same, but ive bought my first dream car at 18 recently. just have to be patient , at school no one understood why i liked cars
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 7xm2)
im the same, and was in the same, but ive bought my first dream car at 18 recently. just have to be patient , at school no one understood why i liked cars
Cheers and I don’t know what kind of school you went
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And what are you doing to get the money to support driving lessons, buying a car, and paying for vehicle tax, insurance, MOT, servicing and repairs, fuel?

Confidence comes from within and you are fixing on cars thinking this will address your lack of self-esteem. It's no good passing a driving test if you can't then use or afford to utilise those skills; you'll just get down again. You need to speak with a professional and sort out what is making you unhappy - and it's not the lack of driving.
lausiet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think you will be fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
And what are you doing to get the money to support driving lessons, buying a car, and paying for vehicle tax, insurance, MOT, servicing and repairs, fuel?

Confidence comes from within and you are fixing on cars thinking this will address your lack of self-esteem. It's no good passing a driving test if you can't then use or afford to utilise those skills; you'll just get down again. You need to speak with a professional and sort out what is making you unhappy - and it's not the lack of driving.
Me, I have literally got thousands in savings
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me, I have literally got thousands in savings
So what's stopping you, if you think it will make you happy? But a woman won't be impressed by a driving licence if you aren't a good conversationalist and don't share some interests; there's been nothing preventing you talking to her, except what is in your own mind.
Anonymous #1
So what's stopping you, if you think it will make you happy? But a woman won't be impressed by a driving licence if you aren't a good conversationalist and don't share some interests; there's been nothing preventing you talking to her, except what is in your own mind.
I need to pass my test. It’s a long story about the women
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I need to pass my test. It’s a long story about the women
I know, but how much time have you spent on here when you could have been more proactive about learning to drive? Lockdown is a recent thing, what about before that?
Anonymous #1
I know, but how much time have you spent on here when you could have been more proactive about learning to drive? Lockdown is a recent thing, what about before that?
I have only spent a bit of time here, I have been learning and failed my first test at the start of September so it after that it was like ****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (1)
25%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (2)
50%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (1)
25%

Watched Threads