Apple2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have a passion for the navy and army. ive always wanted to go in, hopefully i go in as a nurse. Theres a army officers training corps that you can experience along side studying a degree. But with nursing i understand you work on placements aswell as. So the question is, is it doable to do both and not be running myself down with?
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You not looking at joining the military as a student nurse?

You’ll have the chance to talk to representatives from the OTC during your freshers week, as I said to another poster about sports, while the course is busy provided you manage your tone appropriately there’s no reason why you can’t take part in these sorts of activities. You may not be able to attend every drill night or weekend away due to placement or university, but OTC is designed to fit around student life and you won’t have been the first student nurse they’ve had join them.
Apple2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
You not looking at joining the military as a student nurse?

You’ll have the chance to talk to representatives from the OTC during your freshers week, as I said to another poster about sports, while the course is busy provided you manage your tone appropriately there’s no reason why you can’t take part in these sorts of activities. You may not be able to attend every drill night or weekend away due to placement or university, but OTC is designed to fit around student life and you won’t have been the first student nurse they’ve had join them.
Theres nothing like this for the navy. I have had a look but if you know there is please let me know! If i went to be a nurse for the navy first i would have had to study a science such as in A levels or Health and social so i cannot as i dont. i would rather go for a degree now then go through college again as this is my second time. previously i got a levels and wanted to get a btec aswell. Uni wasnt for me last year. Thankyou so much for your response!
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Apple2001)
Theres nothing like this for the navy. I have had a look but if you know there is please let me know! If i went to be a nurse for the navy first i would have had to study a science such as in A levels or Health and social so i cannot as i dont. i would rather go for a degree now then go through college again as this is my second time. previously i got a levels and wanted to get a btec aswell. Uni wasnt for me last year. Thankyou so much for your response!
There are equivalents for the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/our-org...al-naval-units

https://www.raf.mod.uk/our-organisat...air-squadrons/

If you are set on a career in the forces as a nurse, joining as a student is probably one of the best supported financially compared to traditional student routes or even secondment through the NHS. It may be worth considering this. If you’re looking at applying post registration I believe you can join a non commissioned role straight away, though for commissioned officer they prefer a few years of experience. They also offer a 20k golden hello to people with specific experience, such as nurses with a post ref critical care course.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Apple2001)
If I want to be a nurse in the Navy, first i would have had to study a science such as in A levels.
Naval Nurse (Student) is probably the role you would be looking at. The training for that role begins at HMS Raleigh and then switches to Birmingham City University for the degree level study in Nursing.

There is a lot of competition for this role.

An alternative is to apply for Naval Nurse (Qualified), which is for Nurses who have completed or are close to completing their Nursing degrees.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...-nurse-student

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...urse-qualified
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads