username5422386
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone from Cambridge could give me a bit of an insight into life at some of the different colleges? I was thinking of St John's but herd it can be quite pretentious? Apparently there's a song.. "I'd rather go to Oxford than St John's", is there any truth in this and why do they have this reputation (if they do)? Also opinions on King's would be much appreciated, Pembroke, Sidney Sussex, G&C and just anywhere you think is nice! Thanks in advance
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GreenStudy10)
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone from Cambridge could give me a bit of an insight into life at some of the different colleges? I was thinking of St John's but herd it can be quite pretentious? Apparently there's a song.. "I'd rather go to Oxford than St John's", is there any truth in this and why do they have this reputation (if they do)? Also opinions on King's would be much appreciated, Pembroke, Sidney Sussex, G&C and just anywhere you think is nice! Thanks in advance
That is a joke. In reality, some students probably secretly wish they were at St John’s. Choose a place you feel you will be happy.
username5422386
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
That is a joke. In reality, some students probably secretly wish they were at St John’s. Choose a place you feel you will be happy.
Oh haha ok I see, do you go to St John's? I would love to hear more about what it's like to go there
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GreenStudy10)
Oh haha ok I see, do you go to St John's? I would love to hear more about what it's like to go there
You can ask here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post91220662

There are many applicants exchanging views and ideas. You can ask there.
username5422386
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
You can ask here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post91220662

There are many applicants exchanging views and ideas. You can ask there.
Great thank you
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anything you read about pretentiousness, or classism, or anything like that was almost certainly written by someone who did not attend the university. You will find little to none of it at any of the colleges, so don't factor it into your decision.
username5422386
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
Anything you read about pretentiousness, or classism, or anything like that was almost certainly written by someone who did not attend the university. You will find little to none of it at any of the colleges, so don't factor it into your decision.
That's great to hear, thank you for your response. Can I ask do you go to Cambridge? I'd love to hear more about it from someone who went there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.59%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (346)
29.17%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (578)
48.74%

Watched Threads