The Student Room Group

A Level Chemistry examination marking

I know this may seem like an unusual question, but

If you answer a, say 4 mark, question in a (chemistry) examination and give incorrect reasons, but then also give the correct reasons needed to get full marks according to the mark scheme, would you still get full marks from the correct reasons when including both correct and incorrect reasons in your answer?

Just asking because, if uncertain, I don't want to end up guessing part of the answer but then losing the marks I got from getting another part right through doing so
Reply 1
Original post by Silxnt1
I know this may seem like an unusual question, but

If you answer a, say 4 mark, question in a (chemistry) examination and give incorrect reasons, but then also give the correct reasons needed to get full marks according to the mark scheme, would you still get full marks from the correct reasons when including both correct and incorrect reasons in your answer?

Just asking because, if uncertain, I don't want to end up guessing part of the answer but then losing the marks I got from getting another part right through doing so

Q. Name a metallic element.
A. I have fourteen heads. Lead.

The first statement is wrong and irrelevant, so would be ignored (after a small amount of puzzlement). The second statement is correct. Mark awarded.

OR

Q. Name a metallic element and the sound it would make when hit.
A. Brass makes a ringing sound.

Brass is wrong - no mark.
Ringing is correct - mark awarded.
Reply 2
Original post by Pigster
Q. Name a metallic element.
A. I have fourteen heads. Lead.

The first statement is wrong and irrelevant, so would be ignored (after a small amount of puzzlement). The second statement is correct. Mark awarded.

OR

Q. Name a metallic element and the sound it would make when hit.
A. Brass makes a ringing sound.

Brass is wrong - no mark.
Ringing is correct - mark awarded.

I don't appreciate your satire nor ignorance. From all of your replies to anything chemistry-related I've posted on here, you've always been quick to reply with a sarcastic or intentionally unhelpful response. Are you that unhappy with your life? Do you really have nothing better to do?

Quick Reply

Latest