coolidoli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys. Im really struggling financially and was wondering if theres any help? Im from eu and have financial difficulties. I have savings around 1500£ but i will get maintenance loan in January at least. Im trying to get any help but can't find anything and its difficult as im not from the uk. Do you know any available helping? I was trying to get overdraft but neee to be in the uk for 3 years. Do you know if there are any banks who can offer a little (1200£) overdraft or any companies? Do you know any sites i can get online guarantor to have my loan and when i get maintenance loan just repay it? I find it very difficult as im not from the uk and im slowly giving up, do you know any companies who would let me borrow 1200£ for short time? Or can k get a guarantor to get this for me? Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by coolidoli)
Hey guys. Im really struggling financially and was wondering if theres any help? Im from eu and have financial difficulties. I have savings around 1500£ but i will get maintenance loan in January at least. Im trying to get any help but can't find anything and its difficult as im not from the uk. Do you know any available helping? I was trying to get overdraft but neee to be in the uk for 3 years. Do you know if there are any banks who can offer a little (1200£) overdraft or any companies? Do you know any sites i can get online guarantor to have my loan and when i get maintenance loan just repay it? I find it very difficult as im not from the uk and im slowly giving up, do you know any companies who would let me borrow 1200£ for short time? Or can k get a guarantor to get this for me? Thank you
You really need to get a job of c 15 hours a week and something like £18,000 pa. If you get such a job i.,e working in a supermarket, then you can apply for the working migrant scheme which will potentially let you access a maintenance loan. Places like supermarkets, warehouses, online and parcel delivery are doing very well in lockdown.

https://www.ucas.com/finance/student...igrant-workers
coolidoli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You really need to get a job of c 15 hours a week and something like £18,000 pa. If you get such a job i.,e working in a supermarket, then you can apply for the working migrant scheme which will potentially let you access a maintenance loan. Places like supermarkets, warehouses, online and parcel delivery are doing very well in lockdown.

https://www.ucas.com/finance/student...igrant-workers
Im working already and can get a migrant loan in January but i was asking about borrowing some money till this time? If i pay for accommodation i will be left with about 50£ so was curious if there is any companies/loan companies who would lend me small/short term money?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by coolidoli)
Im working already and can get a migrant loan in January but i was asking about borrowing some money till this time? If i pay for accommodation i will be left with about 50£ so was curious if there is any companies/loan companies who would lend me small/short term money?
Why are they taking till Jan to give you student finance?

Why is it taking so much of your finance? has sfe confirmed the full amount of finance i.e its income assessed rather than the minimum?
Is you accommodation asking for too much in advance? If so try and negotiate with them.
Check the university hasnt set up anything for EU students affected by cv19, even if its a staggering of payments.
No bank is going to loan you the money as you havent lived here long enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads