zarahh09
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Could someone please help me with this question .I do not understand it.
"Describe and evaluate research into features of memory (coding, capacity and duration) 16marks
Baniazz
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Answering this question depends on the syllabus that you are doing.

However, I think that this question is referring to Atkinson and Shiifrin`s multi store model of memory. Coding also known as encoding is about how information is converted and in which form (i.e auditory or visual). Capacity is the amount of information that can be stored/handled with. Duration is the time period to hold these information. These three features vary between the three different stores which are sensory store, short term and long term.So first start by explaining the model of memory with the store. Then describe the features of each store. When it comes to research evidence Sperling (1960) tested on features of sensory store.
For more information check out:
Baniazz
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
zarahh09
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Baniazz)
Answering this question depends on the syllabus that you are doing.

However, I think that this question is referring to Atkinson and Shiifrin`s multi store model of memory. Coding also known as encoding is about how information is converted and in which form (i.e auditory or visual). Capacity is the amount of information that can be stored/handled with. Duration is the time period to hold these information. These three features vary between the three different stores which are sensory store, short term and long term.So first start by explaining the model of memory with the store. Then describe the features of each store. When it comes to research evidence Sperling (1960) tested on features of sensory store.
For more information check out:
Yes we are doing the Atkinson and Shifrin's MSM.
Researchers: Conrad, Jacobs, Peterson and Peterson, Bahrick.

Thank you so much for this. Now I understand where to start from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads