Roxy650
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm doing the UCAS application for 2021, will it go against me if my parents didn't do further education? Also, their current jobs- will it go against me if they have shop jobs as opposed to careers?
Last edited by Roxy650; 3 weeks ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No.
Depending on your grades, parent's earnings and annual household income, you may be awarded some bursaries.
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, the unis won't even know what your parents do, as they are only looking at yourself in the application
Roxy650
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Depending on your grades, parent's earnings and annual household income, you may be awarded some bursaries.
Thank you. But from the non financial side of it- will it look bad that my parents didn't go to university and only have shop jobs. Thanks for your reply though
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Roxy650)
Thank you. But from the non financial side of it- will it look bad that my parents didn't go to university and only have shop jobs. Thanks for your reply though
No.
You are unlikely to be asked for your parents career history and current occupations.
Several childhood friends were raised by teenage single mothers who worked part time as waitresses, cleaners and hairdressers.
They have all graduated uni, studied at postgrad level and two received full mba funding before they were 26.
Roxy650
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moana92)
No, the unis won't even know what your parents do, as they are only looking at yourself in the application
Ok thank you. It mentions it on the 'additional information' on the UCAS application.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m fairly sure your university can’t see that information. UCAS just collects it for monitoring purposes.
Roxy650
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
I’m fairly sure your university can’t see that information. UCAS just collects it for monitoring purposes.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads