coainecoins
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just called admission office today, and they told me everyone will heard back VERY SHORTLY
Ann9918
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can we still apply or is the application deadline already over? It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the site..
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ann9918)
Can we still apply or is the application deadline already over? It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the site..
I believe so, since the 15th October deadline is only implemented by UCAS and you're not applying via UCAS. Similar to how applying to Brunel will not count as one of your four medicine choices.

Note: you must be an international student to apply to Brunel though.
Chi chi5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I believe so, since the 15th October deadline is only implemented by UCAS and you're not applying via UCAS. Similar to how applying to Brunel will not count as one of your four medicine choices.

Note: you must be an international student to apply to Brunel though.
Brunel isn't counted as one of the four choices??
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Chi chi5)
Brunel isn't counted as one of the four choices??
Yes, you can also apply to Northumbria too (in addition to the 4 UCAS choices).
Last edited by ecolier; 10 months ago
Chi chi5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes, you can also apply to Northumbria too (in addition to the 4 UCAS choices).
where do you find the information on which unis are not counted? Is it then too late to apply to another choice as Brunel was one of my four choices?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
where do you find the information on which unis are not counted? Is it then too late to apply to another choice as Brunel was one of my four choices?
If you applied via UCAS to Brunel then you couldn't.

You could have applied to 4 UCAS medical schools, and then to Brunel and Northumbria (or even UCLan) separately.
Chi chi5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you applied via UCAS to Brunel then you couldn't.

You could have applied to 4 UCAS medical schools, and then to Brunel and Northumbria (or even UCLan) separately.
oh, understood. thank you for the clarification. I saw they have a separate admissions app via their website but thought it was still against the rules to apply to them in addition to the four on UCAS.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
oh, understood. thank you for the clarification. I saw they have a separate admissions app via their website but thought it was still against the rules to apply to them in addition to the four on UCAS.
Not at all, because it's outside UCAS... technically you can also apply to other medical schools all over the world too.

The 4 medical schools limit is only for UCAS.
Chi chi5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not at all, because it's outside UCAS... technically you can also apply to other medical schools all over the world too.

The 4 medical schools limit is only for UCAS.
oh ok, thank you, got it!
medschoolfanatic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FriedChicken0)
I couldn't find a thread for Brunel medicine so I decided to create one.

Discuss here
did anyone receive an offer for a100 2021 entry? or got called for an interview?
medschoolfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lib.galma)
I emailed admissions and said they'd be getting back to us shortly!
thank you, but they've been saying that to me too for quite a long time now. i emailed them early nov and they said they'll get back shortly but no one got back "shortly". I am a bit concerned.
P012
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by medschoolfanatic)
thank you, but they've been saying that to me too for quite a long time now. i emailed them early nov and they said they'll get back shortly but no one got back "shortly". I am a bit concerned.
I got an email about 10 days ago where they said that they are sorry for the delay, and that they have received many applications. They said that they aim to respond to everyone in the next 3 weeks.
medschoolfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
update us if anyone gets called for an interview🤷🏻*♀️
coainecoins
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
No
Christine9918
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by medschoolfanatic)
(Original post by P012)
I got an email about 10 days ago where they said that they are sorry for the delay, and that they have received many applications. They said that they aim to respond to everyone in the next 3 weeks.
Hey! The delay may be because there isn't any set deadline for direct application so direct applications are essentially still rolling in, so they are probably still waiting to consider all the applications possible and then make any decision as compared to the other med schools
medschoolfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey! I don't think so cause they said all interviews will take place on January (vmmis) and they said they inform all applicant a minimum of 2 weeks before the interview. after contacting the admissions office they said if you get called for an intevriew you will be informed throughout November and early December so I'm not sure .
Sriv4s21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Do they send all the interviews on the same day or is it in batches?
coainecoins
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I received no response
medschoolfanatic
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by lib.galma)
Anyone got anything back?
no... still waiting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads