The Student Room Group

Brunel Medical School A100 2021 and 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Some might decide the other career is suitable for them after studying the other degree, so we would never know. Btw internationals studying here usually doesn’t have any financial burdens.

But if their mind is set on medicine i don't think any other degree would stir them away from that passion, medicine isn't all about suitability because of course the person in question personality must also be in line but its about the enthusiasm about that field and 'any' degree may not give that satisafaction of knowledge and treating people with the knowledge like this 'degree' would. Btw, why don't internationals have financial burdens?
Original post by Christine9918
Btw, why don't internationals have financial burdens?

I do not speak for everyone but usually fees for internationals are 35k+, with 10k+ in living costs. You are not granted a student visa unless you can provide confirmation that you can sustainably fund your education in the UK.

Unless you have scholarships/sponsors (which are very rare for medicine for internationals), that means you have at the bare minimum an income of 50k per year, which is a lot depending upon country and where you come from.
Original post by qwert7890
I do not speak for everyone but usually fees for internationals are 35k+, with 10k+ in living costs. You are not granted a student visa unless you can provide confirmation that you can sustainably fund your education in the UK.

Unless you have scholarships/sponsors (which are very rare for medicine for internationals), that means you have at the bare minimum an income of 50k per year, which is a lot depending upon country and where you come from.

But that is a financial burden, isn't it?
Original post by Christine9918
But that is a financial burden, isn't it?

I think by financial burden OP meant that people are often from well-to-do families, they can afford to fund their education and still remain financially stable. Surely, studying medicine in the UK as an international is a privilege not everyone can have.
No, still waiting to hear from them. Have you?
Original post by coainecoins
Did anyone receive any interview offers?

Original post by kaliyuaziz

I am pretty sure they’re not sending out an invites right now. They are waiting for GMC’s approval of a postponed start in January 2022.
I am pretty sure they’re not sending out an invites right now. They are waiting for GMC’s approval of a postponed start in January 2022.

Okay, just found that out. Thank you.
Reply 148
Did anyone hear recently?
Original post by xyz01

Hi! Have you checked the few posts just above this one? Brunel will not be conducting interviews right now (I don’t think it’s even begun!) since they have postponed start date to January 2022 pending GMC registration.
Original post by xyz01

No, haven’t had any update.
Their website says that they’re starting in Sep 2022.
Original post by Faxstudent
Their website says that they’re starting in Sep 2022.

Yes I received an email the Medicine program start is delayed to Sep.2022
since brunel has delayed the start of the course to sept. 2022, will the current applications be considered for interview for 2022 entry or do we send in applications again in the next cycle this september? just curious
Original post by Smatthew
Yes I received an email the Medicine program start is delayed to Sep.2022

So did I
Original post by dolbyatmosphere
since brunel has delayed the start of the course to sept. 2022, will the current applications be considered for interview for 2022 entry or do we send in applications again in the next cycle this september? just curious

They sent an email a few hours ago, wherein you have to fill a survey to tell if you are still interested in being shortlisted for 2022. You don’t have to submit another application and they’ll tell you if you’re shortlisted, and are conducting interviews in April, May and August.

Also, if you’ve applied through UCAS, they have graciously allowed you to have another choice on UCAS after 7th April - however I doubt if this will have medical courses too?
They sent an email a few hours ago, wherein you have to fill a survey to tell if you are still interested in being shortlisted for 2022. You don’t have to submit another application and they’ll tell you if you’re shortlisted, and are conducting interviews in April, May and August.

Also, if you’ve applied through UCAS, they have graciously allowed you to have another choice on UCAS after 7th April - however I doubt if this will have medical courses too?

oh really, thank you for the information! i haven't received any updates from their side aside from an email in november stating that my application has been submitted. i'll try contacting admissions to solve this issue.
Reply 157
Is anyone still continuing with the application?
Original post by xyz01
Is anyone still continuing with the application?

nope! only cause some interviews are on august which is too late. idk when mine would be
Anyone got a MMI interview from Brunel yet? I did randomly and I’m so confused ahah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending