Crash_634
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Guys, I am looking at purchasing a dictaphone for recording uni lectures. I was wondering whether anyone had any experience using one or could suggest one that is of a decent quality. Any help would be appreciated.
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Crash_634)
Hi Guys, I am looking at purchasing a dictaphone for recording uni lectures. I was wondering whether anyone had any experience using one or could suggest one that is of a decent quality. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey,

I got loaned one by Uni that I got on really well with. Its an Olympus DM-770, it is a great size and very intuitive to use. It has a USB to plug straight into an laptop or computer and plenty of storage on its own. I would reccomend it

Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and student ambassador
Crash_634
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Zoe, thanks for the reply, I will look into it.๐Ÿ˜Š
Vโ„ฎrsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ouch, averaging at ยฃ80?
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I used a dictaphone that I got off amazon, I think it was ยฃ8-ยฃ10. It doesn't need to plug into the computer, which worked well as I could place the recorder down at the front of the room closer to the lecturer. You then plug it into the laptop and transfer the recordings over to your laptop so memory on the dictaphone itself was never a problem.

Hope this helps,

Ellen
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads