The Student Room Group

EPQ Personal Statement Problem

Hi everyone, I started my EPQ last year alongside 4 A Levels and did all of the research but I never got to complete it as quarantine soon came. I have included it on my personal statement, however, I'm not sure whether my school is still offering students the opportunity to do the EPQ this year.
Therefore, I ask, is it ok to talk about the EPQ on your personal statement without actually having completed it as I have instead talked about the skills I used and what I learnt from my research?
Hi, that's a real shame for you that you weren't able to finish it, I feel for you.
You need to make it clear that you did not complete your EPQ, otherwise it will seem like you are being dishonest and obviously you need to be absolutely honest on your application.
You could however talk about your interest in the topic and the research you did, I see no issue with that- just be super clear.
For example, 'Although I was unable to complete my EPQ due to my school's lockdown policy, the research I completed enabled me to learn more about... and further my interest in..., something I would be interested in discovering more about at degree level.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending