EEE PERSONAL STATEMENT (HELP) (applying to imperial)

Watch
Luqman Hakeem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
- -
Last edited by Luqman Hakeem; 11 months ago
ivanhuang65
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Here are some example personal statement from students taking your course which I thought was pretty good:

https://www.studential.com/personal-...al-statement-1

https://www.studential.com/personal-...al-statement-0

https://www.studential.com/personal-...al-statement-1

Read closely into each of them, and maybe you’ll get some inspiration and key ideas from these statements to craft your own personal statement. All the best!
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Don't panic about your personal statement too much- writing it didn't take me too long at all, it's the working out WHAT to write that takes the time.
This worksheet might be helpful: https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...-worksheet.pdf

I would advise doing some supercurriculars if you have time: https://www.oxford-royale.com/articl...ar-activities/ As you don't have long and obviously have loads of studying to do, what about looking at potential degree modules of the courses you are applying for and picking a topic you are interested in, and then reading an article/book chapter on it and writing about that on your personal statement? Demonstrates your suitability and interest in your degree, and that you have gone further and read about it- proactive learning. You can find articles on Google Scholar or JSTOR, and some surprising amounts of academic book chapters on Google Books (or at libraries of course).
Luqman Hakeem
Rep:
?
- -
Last edited by Luqman Hakeem; 11 months ago
MrFreeeze
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Its a personal statement so speak about things of personal matters. why are you interested in that course? how do your current subjects relate to it? what particular aspects make the course interesting? read relevant books and elaborate on them.
Luqman Hakeem
Rep:
?
——-
Last edited by Luqman Hakeem; 5 months ago
Luqman Hakeem
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrFreeeze)
Its a personal statement so speak about things of personal matters. why are you interested in that course? how do your current subjects relate to it? what particular aspects make the course interesting? read relevant books and elaborate on them.
thank you so much for the advice.do you think ill be fine without any hands-on experience like group project and etc related to EEE?
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Luqman Hakeem)
Thank you so much for the advice.Actually i’ve done some research on what topic that i would like to write and interested in but i dont know how to relate and write about my hands-on experience such as group projects and etc because i didn’t have the opportunity to do so.btw how long did it take you to write your personal statement?
Really good you know what topics to write about, that will save loads of time. I think that universities will understand if opportunities have been taken away due to the pandemic etc., just write what you aimed for and maybe emphasise the supercurriculars/extracurriculars more to demonstrate your interest. I'm sure it will be absolutely fine, your grades are excellent.

I wrote mine in an afternoon- but had fully planned exactly what I wanted to include and had ideas on how to link things etc. Writing is my strong point however.
I would plan as much as you can so the writing is easier. Good luck, you'll be fine!
Luqman Hakeem
Rep:
?
(Original post by historynerd47)
Really good you know what topics to write about, that will save loads of time. I think that universities will understand if opportunities have been taken away due to the pandemic etc., just write what you aimed for and maybe emphasise the supercurriculars/extracurriculars more to demonstrate your interest. I'm sure it will be absolutely fine, your grades are excellent.

I wrote mine in an afternoon- but had fully planned exactly what I wanted to include and had ideas on how to link things etc. Writing is my strong point however.
I would plan as much as you can so the writing is easier. Good luck, you'll be fine!
thank you so much for the constructive advice.i really appreciate it.Hopefully everything will be on the right track for my ucas application.Goodluck to you too!
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
thank you so much for the constructive advice.i really appreciate it.Hopefully everything will be on the right track for my ucas application.Goodluck to you too!
I'm honestly sure you'll be fine- it worked for me, I'm at uni doing my first choice
Luqman Hakeem
Rep:
?
(Original post by historynerd47)
I'm honestly sure you'll be fine- it worked for me, I'm at uni doing my first choice
im glad to hear that youre doing your first choice.if you dont mind me asking,what is your major and at which institution are you studying rn?
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
im glad to hear that youre doing your first choice.if you dont mind me asking,what is your major and at which institution are you studying rn?
Yes sure, History at York!
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
thank you so much for the advice.do you think ill be fine without any hands-on experience like group project and etc related to EEE?
If you can't do group projects, read books, watch online lectures/courses, listen to podcasts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8.7%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.52%
I need help with my personal statement (22)
47.83%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
21.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.17%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads