bluecat101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How important are predicted grades? Will a university reject my application completely if I fall short in one predicted grade? Say if the university wants AAA and I am a ABB or AAB will they not even consider me/give me an offer? Or is it all based on your personal statement too?
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, your predicted grades are the most important part of your application- if a university specifies that they want certain grades then that is what your competition will have (or higher). They are saying that that is the start of what they accept.
If they need the course filling up, they may accept slightly lower. If you're unsure, call them and ask.
It depends on the rank of the university a bit too, but for unis asking AAA they typically have enough applicants with said grades to expect that and up. Contact them if in doubt and ask
Last edited by historynerd47; 4 weeks ago
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bluecat101)
How important are predicted grades? Will a university reject my application completely if I fall short in one predicted grade? Say if the university wants AAA and I am a ABB or AAB will they not even consider me/give me an offer? Or is it all based on your personal statement too?
Predicted grades are taken very seriously by universities. They may consider you if you are predicted one grade less but not two grades less.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads