what uni will my grades get me into for law

Watch
smacdonald2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i achieved 5As and 1 b at national 5, and i got 3As and 2BS at higher. what unis will give me offers based on this, im really unsure where to apply
Advertisement
wizkid44
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what do you want to study?
Moana92
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wizkid44)
what do you want to study?
Law - so it says in the title
Advertisement
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Moana92)
Law - so it says in the title
You need to give more info. What part of the UK do you want to study. Are you looking for big or small city, Do you want a campus uni. You could try What uni and enter your grades that might help.
Moana92
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
You need to give more info. What part of the UK do you want to study. Are you looking for big or small city, Do you want a campus uni. You could try What uni and enter your grades that might help.
I'm not actually OP haha I just answered on their behalf because I'm bored
Advertisement
smacdonald2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
id love to study in London, i'm just not sure that's realistic considering my grades. a big city would be preferable. i'm not sure what i should be aiming for
Last edited by smacdonald2003; 4 weeks ago
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have decent grades. Looking at the Guardian good uni guide, you may not get into UCL or LSE but certainly Roehampton (11th) or Queen Mary (12th) or West London (15th) would consider you.
Advertisement
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by smacdonald2003)
id love to study in London, i'm just not sure that's realistic considering my grades. a big city would be preferable. i'm not sure what i should be aiming for
It is quite difficult to know. Some universities are saying that dont accept Scottish highers. As far as I can see you have 153 ucas points which is the equivalent of A*AA. In the circumstances I would suggest contacting universities giving your subjects and grades and ask for their advice. I think Queen Mary might be worth asking. Outside of London try the likes of Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester to see if they accept you.
smacdonald2003
Rep:
?
also i come under the priority postcode and i've attended UNIQ Oxford summer school for law, and the Sutton trust Cambridge experience for law. i'm not sure if that would help my application
Advertisement
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
also i come under the priority postcode and i've attended UNIQ Oxford summer school for law, and the Sutton trust Cambridge experience for law. i'm not sure if that would help my application
It might well help for places like Manchester and Leeds. Dont know about Kings and Queen Mary. The only way to find out is to ring or email them.
smacdonald2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by mike23mike)
You have decent grades. Looking at the Guardian good uni guide, you may not get into UCL or LSE but certainly Roehampton (11th) or Queen Mary (12th) or West London (15th) would consider you.
thank you! is Roehampton a respected university i haven't heard of it before
Advertisement
wizkid44
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you might be able to get a contextual offer with the sutton trust for nottingham and st andrews according to this link (https://summerschools.suttontrust.co...al-admissions/)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads